Cuddles, Curses, And White Boys

At least this nightmare was a normal one, erratic and all over the place, not making a lick of sense. Though when Aloria awoke with a gasp, panting for air she saw Bianca and Divina asleep on the floor by the door. She looked at the alarm clock on Bianca's nightstand and found that a few hours had passed. Well, at least she got some sleep. That was better than the zero she had been getting till now, so progress she supposed.

She quietly and slowly got out of bed and made her way to the door. She wanted to escape and go to her own dorm, not feeling like socializing. She understood why her friends forced her to sleep, she did, and they had good intentions, but she was still a bit upset. She had a nightmare again just like she knew she would. Which wouldn't have happened if they just let her be.

She was able to open the door and step over the two sirens and make it out. When she closed the door with a sigh of relief and turned around, she came face to face with Yoko. They just stared at each other for a moment.

"I'm not even gonna ask."

Aloria smiled and then ran off. Yoko was bound to wake up Bianca and Divina. She didn't want to be there when that happened. She made it back to her own dorm and walked in with a sigh. It was only Wednesday in there typing away on her typewriter. The goth girl didn't spare a glance back as she flopped onto her bed and groaned. There was no response. Aloria looked up but Wednesday was unbothered. She groaned again.

Wednesday paused typing. "I know what you're trying to do." She continued again. "It won't work."

Aloria groaned again slightly louder. Still nothing. She did it again even louder making Wednesday huff before turning in her chair.

"What?" Aloria sat up and opened her arms for a hug making Wednesday cross hers as she had to fight the weird urge to run into them. "No, I won't hug you." The siren pointed at her and then herself commandingly. "Why do I owe you a hug?" Aloria raised a pointed brow. "Because I told Bianca?" She nodded. "Did you sleep?" Nod. "Did you have a nightmare?" Nod. Wednesday looked to the side as she thought about it.

Aloria felt bed trying to force Wednesday to hug her, but god damn it she needed one. One specifically from Wednesday. Don't get her wrong, she loved Enid's hugs and she loved Bianca's hugs. But there was just something about Wednesday that when she hugged her Aloria felt safer than she ever had. Like the goth girl would never let anything harm her. Like nothing could ever harm her. It was a feeling she so desperately needed right now. She hadn't been safe at home. She wasn't even safe at school. At least this way she could be safe in Wednesday's arms, if only for a few seconds.

Right when Aloria was about to give up, Wednesday stood up and walked over to her. She sat down beside her on the bed, looking anywhere but at the siren. "Five seconds."

Aloria squealed and tackled Wednesday causing them to lay down. Wednesday shifted around so she was on her back while Aloria was basically laying on top of her. Five seconds passed but neither moved. Wednesday refused to admit how warm Aloria's hold made her feel. She refused to admit how happy her smile made her. She wouldn't admit it, but she didn't want either to go away. Ten seconds passed and Aloria seemed to realize she was extending their agreement so she forced herself to start to pull away. But Wednesday's body moved without her permission. She tightened her hold around the siren so she couldn't leave. Aloria grinned and buried her face back into Wednesday's neck to hide her blush.

Wednesday closed her eyes and relaxed into the siren, leaning her head against hers. "Don't tell a soul," she whispered.

Aloria shook her head in her neck to promise she wouldn't. And she meant it. This moment was theirs and theirs alone. She didn't want to share it with anyone. Feeling safer than ever in Wednesday's arms, she felt her eyes start to close. This time she didn't feel afraid of it. She dozed off and this time no nightmares came.