3: Friend Or Woe

Aloria was sitting in a chair with her hands tied behind her back and a bag over her head. She didn't know what was happening at first, but quickly used her deduction skills to get an idea. There was a slim chance of this being a real kidnapping and her and Wednesday being in real danger. For one, they were on school grounds. Currently all danger has been in the forest. Secondly, they were in a secret library that was probably used by that secret social club that was supposedly disbanded that Wednesday mentioned to her one time. Chances were likely this was that club. She only wondered what students she would see before her when they take the bag off. She hoped it wouldn't be her bully, not that he or anyone else has bullied her since that fight went down.

Finally the bag was pulled off her bed. Cloaked figures in masks surrounded her and Wednesday as a projectors light was shined right at them.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" Someone with a voice modifier asked.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca."

Aloria's jaw dropped. Wait, who? She did not figure that part out! Everyone slipped off their hoods and took of the masks and Bianca turned the projector off. And it wasn't only Bianca but Kent and Divina too and even Yoko. She looked at them in shock. How could they not tell her? In hindsight she should've seen this coming. Her siren friends searched a library without her and found a book on curses. She bet it was this one. Though she was happy to see all her friends and not a bunch of asshats. Even if there was two among them that fit that description; Xavier and that gorgon boy who would always laugh when his friend bullied her.

"Wait, I preferred you with it on," Wednesday said.

Bianca smiled sarcastically at her but gave a genuine one when she turned her eyes to Aloria who's jaw was still hanging with wide eyes.

"How did you get down here?" Xavier asked.

"Rowan showed me. Left pocket."  Xavier took a hesitant step forward and pulled out from her left jacket pocket that drawing of her that Rowan had. "I tracked the watermark from the page down to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle."

"Wait, there's a riddle?" Kent asked confused. "I thought we just snapped twice." Everyone scoffed and shook their heads at him. If Aloria could face palm for her brother she would have, alas, her hands were tired.

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" Wednesday made fun of him which made Aloria glare softly at her. 

"The nightshades are an elite social club," Bianca told her. "Emphasis on elite."

"We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny dip," Yoko explained.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist," Divina praised her girlfriend.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito," the gorgon boy smirked. "It can get pretty wild."

Aloria frowned. She wished her friends involved her. Wednesday was not as impressed. "Wow, do you guys even have a bedtime?" She turned back to Bianca. "Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded."

Xavier decided to answer. "Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died."

"But," Yoko chimed in, "we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves."

"Someone like Rowan?" Oh yeah, that's right. The mask everyone was wearing at first, Rowan had one.

"We booted out that loser last semester," Bianca told her. "Question is, what are we going to do with Wednesday? Only members are allowed in this library." Aloria struggled against the ropes to remind them she was there too. Bianca smirked at her. "Don't worry, Aloria. We already know what to do with you."