Everybody Has Parent Drama Except For Us, We're Perfect

Aloria was walking around Jericho with her new family, everyone was talking (or gesturing) and laughing. It was nice and relaxing. Or it should have been. But all Aloria could think about was how she didn't deserve it. Then she saw Wednesday storm out of their therapist building with her mother trailing after her, they seemed to be arguing. She quickly excused herself and ran over to her as they went in opposite directions. She fell into stride with Wednesday and followed her. She waved her hand side to side to ask what happened.

"You remember how my father was accused of murder?" Wednesday asked making Aloria grimace but nod. "Well, mother says he's innocent but refuses to tell me anything. I'll just have to figure it out on my own." Aloria then gestured ahead of them to ask where she's headed. "Going to visit Eugene. Would you like to join me?"

Aloria gave a small smile and nodded. But Wednesday came to a full stop. Aloria looked at her confused.

"Stop that." The sirens head jolted back at the sudden demand. What had she done? "Stop giving fake smiles. You don't think I can tell the different between your real smiles and your fake ones?" Wednesday took a step forward. "When you smile you have a dimple in your right cheek and your eyes visibly light up. The corners of your mouth turn to the sky but the right is always slightly pulled back more. Those are your genuine ones." She took another step forward and Aloria gulped and blushed due to the fact their faces were inches apart. "When you fake it there's no light in your eyes, the dimple is less prominent, and the corners of your lips are pulled back equally. You haven't given a genuine smile since we pulled you out of bed this morning. So I repeat: I want you to stop."

Wednesday watched the girl carefully and that's when she seemed to realize just how close she had gotten. Yet she didn't back away immediately. She didn't want to. Neither did Aloria. Aloria's eyes dropped to Wednesday's lips and the goth girl felt her heart skip a beat. No, she wasn't ready for this. She had too much going on and so did Aloria. Besides, if she was was (which she isn't) going kiss the siren, it wouldn't be while she couldn't give a genuine smile. Wednesday's eyes dropped to Aloria's lips as well. But they looked so soft, so tempting. No, she shouldn't. But she couldn't not.

Wednesday brought her hand to the sirens lips and rubbed her thumb over the bottom one, pulling down gently. "I miss your smiles," she whispered. She pulled away and began walking toward the hospital again.

Aloria watched her go for a second as she had a heart attack. She couldn't believe that just happened. She brought her hand to her lips in disbelief. All the goth girl did was touch them and they were tingling. A wide smile grew on her face as Wednesday glanced over her shoulder at her.

The shorter girl smiled softly to herself and whispered, "There it is."

Aloria took a deep breath to calm down as she glanced around remembering they were in public. That's when she saw her family staring at her, Kent and Divina with their phones out. Her face turned as red as a tomato and she ran after Wednesday. They were not going to let her live this down. She reached Wednesday and the two finished the walk to the hospital in silence.

Once in Eugene's room, Wednesday took out a jar of honey from her backpack and placed it on the tray near his bed.

"I harvested hive number three," she told him. "The bees miss you, Eugene. We all do." Thing came out from where he was hiding behind the heart monitor. "Thanks for keeping an eye on him. Any updates?" He shook to say no. "He didn't deserve this. I should be in that bed." Aloria grabbed her hand and squeezed it trying to tell her no. "Why did you go without me?"

A hand on their shoulders made them jump and turn around to see two woman. "Didn't mean to startle you, dears." One said.

"You must be Wednesday," the other said. "Eugene's moms. Sue and Janet."