Bullies Or Murder? Murder It Is

Aloria was reading in the quad in between class, she had learned a lot from the Witch VS Sorcerer book. For one, witches aren't very common anymore. They have the Salem witch trials to thank for that. Now they're few and far between. Also, witches are more powerful than sorcerers because they have innate magic within. A witch is born with wild magic inside them while a sorcerer has to draw forth the latent magic in the world around them. This makes any spell done by a witch have a higher potency simply because they can draw forth more magic to power it. It would explain why whatever spell her dad used to take her voice is so strong that it applies to any written words as well. And why it causes physical pain when she tries to fight it.

She also learned that while a sorcerer can learn magic at any age, a witch's magic typically doesn't show until puberty. The innate magic within them grows while they do until it becomes potent enough to call on. Usually around puberty because the growth the body does also spikes up their magical energy. Late bloomers are unheard of among witches.

Aloria squinted her eyes at the pages after reading that. Then why can't she use magic? She's sixteen, she's well pass puberty. According to the book she should be able to, no if's and's or but's. So why can't she? It's not like you have to have two witch parents. She rubbed her temples. God, this was causing her a headache. She closed the book and sighed.

"Why so down?" Enid asked as she sat across from Aloria who looked up startled. She shook her head and slid the book across. "Witch VS Sorcerer, huh? Why you reading this?" She pointed to the word witch and then at herself. Enid's jaw dropped. "You're a witch?!"

Some kids looked at them strangely making them both blush and shrink in their seats. Aloria nodded, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

"That's awesome." Enid grinned. "You're a witchy siren." Aloria tilted her head to side to say she supposed. "But I've never seen you do magic." She frowned and shook her head. Enid softly gasped. "You can't?" She shook her head again. Enid reached across the table and grabbed her hands, giving them a squeeze. "That's okay. You're kind of like me then, huh?"

Aloria nodded with a small smile. And there was nothing wrong with that. Sure, she was a little disappointed to learn that she'll probably never be able to do magic, but she was a siren too. Once she gets her voice back she'll still have her siren song. It would be enough. Well, if she gets her voice back. Right now she's no closer than she was when she first got here.

She looked at Enid's hands holding hers and squeezed them back. For some reason, Enid's hands always felt so right in her own. Like they perfectly melded together. She didn't ever want to let go, didn't plan to. And maybe if Enid knew that, the werewolf wouldn't have let go a moment later.

Enid hadn't wanted to let go either. The warmth she got from Aloria was so intense like a fire, and she wanted nothing more than to just walk in and let it burn her. But she knew she couldn't. Aloria probably didn't feel the same. It's better to have her as friend than nothing at all. That's the line she kept telling herself.

"So, are you excited for the harvest festival tomorrow?" Enid asked. Aloria frowned and shook her head. "Why not?" She held up three fingers to try to show a W. "Right, Wednesday's leaving." Enid was frowning now too. "Ya know, it surprises me, but I don't think I want her to leave either. Strange since we barely get along, but . . . I don't know. It's not like we can stop her though." Aloria groaned and hit her forehead on the table.

"Damn, pup, you made her all upset."

The siren looked up at the unfamiliar voice and saw a girl wearing sunglasses slip into the seat beside Enid.

Enid smiled at her before turning to Aloria who watched confused. "Aloria, this is Yoko. Yoko this is—"

"Aloria Yaldon, yes, I've heard great things. Nice to officially meet you though." The siren raised an eyebrow at her. "Divina's my girlfriend. She tells me everything." Aloria leaned back with a smirk and nodded. She was happy for the two. "Anyway, she wanted me to tell you that they're still searching the library for any books on magic, so don't give up hope yet."

If You Woe Her || Wednesday Addams & Enid Sinclairजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें