It's Your Birthday?! And You didn't Say Anything?!

"Kent, you asshole, get back here!" Aloria yelled as she hopped through the house chasing after her cackling brother.

It had been two weeks since school was cancelled, and Aloria had been adjusting to her new life rather nicely. Her new room was amazing and Jasmine and Silas even started her on an allowance. A broke bitch she was no more. One of the first things they did when the kids got home was get Aloria a prosthetic leg. She's gotten used to it pretty quickly and it worked well. Well, it does when it's attached to her leg. Right now Kent had it attached to his fist as he ran around the house laughing. It's why Aloria was chasing him.

The noise made Divina come out of her room with her phone up. "Do you see what I have to deal with?" She asked Yoko who was watching on FaceTime.

"Kent! I'm going to kill you!" Aloria continued to hop after him.

He ran into the kitchen where their parents were cooking breakfast making Jasmine put her hands on her hips. "Kent, give your sister her leg back!" She paused. "Wow, that's a sentence I never thought I'd say."

Kent continued to laugh but handed the prosthetic back to Aloria who snatched it with a huff. She sat down on a stool to reattach it. Once she did she stood up and smiled at Jasmine innocently. "Thank you mother, now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to beat his ass."

Kent's smile fell away and he took off running with Aloria hot on his tail with no longer having to hop.

Jasmine pinched the bridge of her nose. "No beating up your brother before breakfast!"

Silas walked over to her rubbed her shoulders. "They'll be fine."

And yes, Aloria had started calling Jasmine and Silas her mom and dad. It was a slip up a week into staying with them but they had been so happy about it and Aloria realized it felt right to call them that. They adopted her, they were taking care of her, by all the ways it mattered they were her mom and dad. Her other mom and dad still visited her. They agreed he would come every Friday. Joseph and Elena didn't want to get in the way of Aloria's new life and family, he was still a wanted criminal after all, but they also didn't want to stay completely away either. So every Friday they would come and Joseph would teach her a little more magic while Elena watched from his shoulder. It was a good system.

Today was Sunday, the start of week three of break, also Family Swim Day. Every Sunday the family would go for a swim in the ocean behind their house. They owned a secluded beach house and the surrounding land. No normies to bug them or get scared when they go swimming. It was heaven to Aloria. Before the accident (which is what they started calling her mothers "murder") Aloria lived in a normie town with her parents. Everyone knew they were outcasts and it made going swimming with her mom in their siren form pretty much impossible. So this was a nice change of pace.

"Okay, okay! I give, I give!" Kent tapped his hand on the floor as Aloria sat on his back and was pulling his leg back further than he thought possible.

Aloria grinned and finally released. "I hope you took that lesson to heart." She got off him and ran back upstairs to her room.

She grabbed her phone off her nightstand, unplugging it. She opened it and saw some new messages making her smile.

Sunshine gf: Good morning Lori
Sunshine gf: Good morning Willa

Goth gf: Good morning Aloria and Enid.

That was how they started every morning. Aloria would also say good morning but this time she had been busy chasing her brother to get her leg back. This meant she found herself with a few extra messages.