Well This Wasn't The Plan

Weems had everyone gathered in the quad for a morning announcement. "Today there will be a volleyball game between our very own team and the team from Jericho High. The match is at four this afternoon and buses will be transporting students from 2:30 to 3:30. Though attendance is not mandatory, if you take a selfie at the match you will receive five points extra credit in the class of your choice. Thank you." That got people excited.

Weems caught Wednesday's eye and the two nodded once at each other before the older woman went back to her office. The extra credit was Wednesday's ploy to get as many people as possible to the game. She wanted to make sure the stalker would be there and then the plan would be set in motion.

Wednesday and Aloria were the bait. The siren would be playing in the game and Wednesday would be in the front row of bleachers. There's no way the stalker won't want to take pictures especially since Wednesday's fear of them was beginning to slip and they knew it. She hasn't revived a "where's Aloria" text in a week and the regular pictures just weren't as threatening anymore with no actions following them up. The stalker would take this chance to do something and Wednesday knew it.

And that's why all of their friends were going to the game. Including Eugene who doesn't care about sports and doesn't need the extra credit. Their role was to watch everything and everyone. To look for anyone acting suspicious and keep an extra close eye on Ronnie. Kent and Ajax were specifically tasked to sit on both sides of him on the bleachers. Anything he does they'll know. He won't be disappearing on them this time.

The only one among them with a different role was Skye. She would sneak off to the computer room and hack into the schools cameras. She would keep an on everything from there and take pictures through them and download them into her phone so they could examine them more thoroughly later. There was no way that they don't find something today. Whether it be incriminating evidence against Ronnie or even a new suspect, they were bound to discover something.

And it was all Aloria could think about. "And we're sure this plan will work?" The siren asked Wednesday for the fifth time in their first period class.

Wednesday took a deep breath. "Yes, cara mia, it'll work."

Aloria nodded for a few seconds. "But are you sure?"

Wednesday's eye twitched. "Aloria . . . I love you . . ." Aloria began to blush " . . . but if you ask me that one more time . . . I am going to stab you."

Aloria crossed her arms and smiled smugly. "No you wouldn't."

Wednesday sighed. "You're right, I wouldn't. An unfortunate side effect of love. So instead," she looked at the siren, "I'll stab myself."

Aloria gasped. "You wouldn't."

"Try me."

The siren huffed and pouted as she faced the front of the class. She just wants to be a hundred percent sure that this plan will work and that nothing will go wrong. She doesn't want anyone to get hurt. But maybe Wednesday was right, everything would be fine. And yet, that feeling in her gut wouldn't go away.

After class ended Aloria went to her next one with Enid. The siren sighed when she sat next to her and leaned her head on her shoulder. "So in the event that I die—"

"You are not dying!" Enid pulled away appalled at the idea. "Not today, not ever."'

"Well, we all die someday."

Enid wrapped an arm around her and pulled her into her side. "Not you. You don't get to die."

Aloria pulled away. "Enid, I'm being serious."