7: If You Don't Woe Me By Now

Aloria marched straight to Bianca's dorm, and knocked repeatedly until someone answered. There was shuffling in the room along with groans.

"I'm coming!" Bianca called out. As soon as the door opened Aloria was pushing her way in. "Aloria? What's going on?" Divina sat up in her bed at Aloria's name. "Are you okay?"

Define okay. Aloria just had a near death run in with the monster that's been killing people, and had survived on pure luck. But hey, she was alive. Did that count as okay? Maybe. Either way she held up the book in front of her keeping the potion tucked away in her pocket.

"Did you finally read it?" Aloria shook her head. "You want to read it together?" She nodded.

"Does it have to be right now?" Divina asked as she rubbed her eyes. "It's late."

Aloria nodded rapidly making Bianca raise an eyebrow in confusion. "Why the sudden urge to read it? I mean, you promised you would, but why is it so urgent now?"

Aloria took a deep breath and held up her right hand. She wasn't entirely sure how her magic worked yet, so she just concentrated on it. A few seconds later, teal energy surrounded her hand. Bianca gasped and Divina finally got out of bed and joined them.

"Um, since when do you have magic?" Divina asked.  Aloria let the energy fade and shrugged as she pointed down. "Since now?" Aloria nodded. Divina grabbed the book from her. "Well, what are we waiting for let's get to reading."

All three sirens sat down and Divina set the book in front of them. The title read Witches & Mating: How It Affects The Children - A Theory. Aloria gulped and she opened the book.

Witches are the only people to be born with innate magic within them, so what happens when they have children? Their innate magic is always passed down to their child with no exceptions; a fact that makes them unique from other outcasts. Where as werewolves have late bloomers or even those who never transform, a child who has at least one witch parent will always develop magic when puberty starts. This is the case for when a witch has a child with a human. So what about if a witch has a child with another outcast?

Due to the fact that other outcasts have their own set of powers and abilities, what would happen when one now also has innate magic within them? Through observation with a few subjects, I have concluded that an outcast child with a witch parent is much more powerful and dangerous. They can no longer can be considered a witch or even a werewolf, vampire, or siren. This child becomes a bewitched version of whatever the non-witch parent is. This bewitched child's innate magic operates differently than a regular witch.

While a regular witch's magic builds within them until they hit puberty and can access it, a bewitched child's magic builds but won't be accessible at puberty. This is because all of their magic is being channeled directly into their other abilities given to them by the non-witch parent. A bewitched werewolf may have a much larger and stronger transformation that is impossible to control. While a bewitched siren's siren song may become 10x or even a 100x more potent that is impossible to control. So this begs the question; how do these bewitched species control their now overpowered abilities?

The answer in its most simple form would be a soulmate. For a bewitched werewolf they would need to find their mate as quickly as possible. Same for a bewitched vampire. Seeing as werewolves and vampires already have mates, this isn't too far stretched. But what about sirens who don't have mates? Well, a bewitched siren does have a "mate" so to speak, but rather let's call it an anchor. This anchor is what grounds the bewitched sirens magic. However, it is not enough to simply find the anchor. The anchor can only be tied through a kiss that comes naturally without any outside interference or pressure. Consent is key. Once the kiss takes place the anchor becomes tied to the bewitched siren. At this point their magic will no longer be directly channeled into their other abilities, decreasing its potency and dangers, and they will find themselves now able to draw upon that innate magic like any other witch.