Hoo Boi This One Is Smth

Hello :3

Me back from the grave :'3

Like I have so, SO, many drafts... And I can't seem to finish anything. :'3

So instead of starting yet another oneshot draft... I decided to make an explanation format :D

Before we do begin... This will be a very wierd au, as I only took just a few ideas from 2 entirely different franchises (skullgirls and bionicle). Like I'm in neither, but I kinda drew some inspiration from both and now there it is this au... Not affiliated with any but somehow reminiscent in one way or another...

So can I name it an original au? Like I drew inspiration, but I didn't use any concept/plot/terms/mcguffins from any.

On the other hand, a smol note: since this is not a crossover nor is a simple concept like my previous explanation posts... This explanation will be sectioned in a few parts... I will highlight them and I will try to have a somewhat blend in between, so it will be easier to understand...

Our points will go like: setting and basic lore, plot, deep lore. So it won't spoil too much from the start.

Now onto the new au!

Setting:

Imagine our world. Yeah normal and boring sometimes. Internet is still  dumpster fire of whatever it goes in there. Ok now imagine that in our world, there is magic... But not Harry Potter kind-of magic and neither Twst kind-of magic.

Think about like an entire different species... Or more like... A sickness assigned at birth.

Yeah... People who had magic, were called 'mages' and often treated like an entire different species from humans. Why? There are plenty of motives. Those motives also help identify a mage.

1. They could use magic... And not something grandiose... More like levitating a few things or changing the color of an object kind of thing. Yeah sometimes they could freeze things, grow plants or create fire... But it's not something ground breaking (literally and figuratively).

2. Their hearts don't exist... Or more like are a separate entity. We will touch upon it later, but it's very important to note that a mage doesn't have a human heart, but still lives without problems. So if you try them up for a heartbeat, you will probably have imaginary crickets to fill up the lack of it... :'3

3. They could enter a balistic state. It is most likely that you realise you meet up with a mage when you see a fantasy like monster destroying everything in it's path. Yup. That's a mage. It's a common thing for them to turn in such rabid beasts. It is not that common for them to return from that state. We will also touch upon this later.

Now comes the political setting regarding mages: while you can argue a lot, you can't deny that if you want to protect 1 mage, thousands of people can suffer and/or die at their hands. It is a delicate problem, one that is handled with great care as not entirely everything is known about mages and what could possibly be their limits.

Of course, there is the governmental organizations tasked with capturing a rampaging mage and trying to minimize the damage.

And then there is the S.T.I.X.. The only non-governmental organization of specialised hunters, which has the objective of capturing, examining and trying to rehabilitate rampaging mages. It is said that no one knows who might be a hunter as they keep secrecy, but they all know that it's pretty shitty if one shows up. :'3

OK... This is settled for now.

Plot:

We starting off in a small mountain village. It was very small, but the village people thrived off sheep and apple businesses.