41 | always and forever (Epilogue)

"We have arrived signora (ma'am)," the driver announced as he pulled up at the large school

       "We have arrived signora (ma'am)," the driver announced as he pulled up at the large school.  Many kids were running out of the three-story building with their tiny little uniforms.

       Tomas stepped out of the passenger seat and opened the door for me. As I stepped out, I heard a familiar cry.

       "I do have a mom and dad," the tiny voice cried out.

       My heart broke as I saw the little boy a few feet away from me. He wiped his tears, but more poured out of his tiny eyes.

       "Oh really? Well, my mom says you don't." The little girl in front of him spat as the other kids behind her laughed.

       "I do!" The boy stomped his feet on the floor.

       "You're always picked up by the help," the girl snickered.

       "Anastasia Rosalina, please stop picking on the poor boy. I told you it's not nice to point out other's flaws." A tall blonde-haired woman emerged behind the six-year-old girl. She held a smug smirk as she looked down at my child. "Some parents just do not care for their children."

       That bitch!

       "Angelo!" I called out and the little boy turned to me. He was the spitting image of his father, except that he had my green eyes.

       "Mommy!" He yelled excitedly as he ran up to me.

       "Hi my sweet boy," I crouched down in front of him and moved back his raven hair. "How have you been?"

       "Good mommy," he said with a toothy grin. "Aunt Sam showed me how to bake cookies! And, and include Brian let me use his camera! Oh, and the twins got sick, so they didn't come to school today."

       "Really? We should pick up some goodies for them to feel better, huh?" I asked and he nodded.

       "You must be the boy's mother?" The woman asked as she approached me.

       I sucked im a deep breathe as I looked up with a forced smile.

       "Yes, I am." I eyed the woman up then down. She squirmed under my intense gaze. "You must be the mother of that little cutie over there."

        The little girl hid behind her mother as I turned to look at her with an overly sweet smile.

       "I am sorry for my daughter's words. She has a wild imagination sometimes, you know?"

       I licked my bottom lip slowly. "Or they just repeat the words they hear from their parents. You know?"

       "It's just that we always saw the boy being picked up by his aunt or nanny," the woman chuckled nervously.