21 | taken

Alessandra did not say a word to me since we left the gun range

Alessandra did not say a word to me since we left the gun range. She was busy typing away on her phone and ignoring my presence altogether. Myung tried to ease the tension by putting on some music, but it did not help. I still felt like shit.

"Are you sure you gave me the correct address?" Myung asked as he peeked out his window. "Dante never me—Ow!"

        Alessandra glared at Myung as she pulled her hand away from his freshly pinched arm.

"Just stay here and wait," Alessandra said before she stepped out of the vehicle. "C'mon princess, it's time to doll you up."

Doll me up?

I did not protest and followed Alessandra. Like Myung, I was confused as to why we were at a beauty salon.

"Ms Rossini, it is such a pleasure to see you again, but your next appointment isn't for another month?" A tall woman with chocolate brown skin and light green eyes approached us.

       "I am here for my... friend." Alessandra threw her arms around my shoulders.

       I stared up at her with a suspicious expression. She was acting way too nice.

       "It is a pleasure to meet you Ms..." the woman lifted a brow, waiting for me to finish her sentence.

       "Ms Astoria," I said as I shook her hand.

       "Je pense qu'elle a besoin d'un nouveau look. N'êtes-vous pas d'accord (I think she needs a new look. Don't you agree)?" Alessandra said in french. "Peut-être le teindre en argent ou en verte (Maybe dye it silver or green)."

       "Ses cheveux sont si uniques. Es-tu sûr (Her hair is so unique. Are you sure)?" The woman looked unsure and that only heightened my worried state.

       Alessandra turned to me with a wicked grin. "Oui (Yes)."

"Follow me Ms Astoria," the woman said with an overly sweet smile.

Alessandra noticed my hesitation and frowned. She gently pushed me toward the hairdresser.

"They're just going to give you a small trim," Alessandra assured.

I nodded and followed the woman up the spiral staircase. She sat me down and carefully untied my fiery locks. I reached out for the woman's hand as she placed the black cover over me and gripped it lightly.

"Aller avec le blond (Go with blonde)." I smirked.

"D'accord (Alright)." The woman nodded.

This was probably the only time I was grateful to be related to my father. His mother was French and therefore I was taught to be fluent in French since a young age.