07 | the ecstasy of using each other

Dante and I carried with the rest of the day like normal

Dante and I carried with the rest of the day like normal. I still could not believe he had been able to look past my happy facade so quickly. No one ever succeeded in noticing when something was wrong with me. Even when I was still in school, my tense demeanor and heavily powdered face would go unnoticed. That, or my father paid the school to turn a blind eye. I would not put it past him.

As we walked into the large building, I could not help but glance over at Dante. He was busy typing away on his phone. It kind of annoyed me a little how much time he spent on that device. His hands were glued to it every second of the day. I let my eyes wonder down to his sharp jaw, then to his plump lips. He was surely handsome. I was surprised he was still single at this age. He was probably one of those men that did not do long-term relationships. It would explain his cold attitude after our one-night stand. I watched as he folded his lips and licked them gently. My cheeks began to burn as the memories resurfaced. Those lips had explored every inch of my body not too long ago.

"Enjoying the view Ms Astoria?" Dante asked. His eyes remained glued to the phone screen, but his lips had lifted into a mocking smirk.

"I do not know what you mean Mr Villanueva," I looked away pretending to be confused.

       Dante let out a low sigh as he turned of his phone and slid it into his pocket. In a slick motion, he pressed the emergency button that froze the elevator. He trapped me in between the wall and him. I placed my hands on his chest to put some distance between us but the action only seemed to amuse him. I could feel his heart beating under my palms. The thin fabric of his shirt was the only thing separating our skin.

His eyes narrowed at me, looking me up from head to toe in a slow almost seductive manner. I tried my best not to shudder from the intensity in his glassy blue orbs. I watched as he slowly licked his lips, curving them into a sly smile.

"Mr Villanueva," I gasped as his hands slithered to my thigh. His skin was warm next to mine. I held onto the moan at the back of my throat.

"I thought we agreed on what you would call me," his rich voice sent shivers down my back.

       "I-" my sentence turned into a low moan as he began drawing small circles on my skin.

       "What is my name?" He asked in a growl.

       "Dante."

       He pulled his hand away satisfied with my answer. My lips puckered into a sad pout as my skin missed his warmth. I knew I should not have been enjoying his actions, but it felt so right. The intensity in his gaze made me feel wanted.

       The loud 'ding' from the elevator rang loudly as Dante pressed the button once more. The doors slid open to reveal the woman I knew as Samantha standing in the other side with her arms crossed over her chest and a knowing smirk on her lips. She wore a sexy black gown that hugged her hourglass figure. Her icy blue eyes switched between Dante and me. Her gaze was so fierce that I looked away. She was one those people that made you feel small by just being next to them whether it was intentional or not.