30 | please say yes

I stared out the car at the huge buildings

       I stared out the car at the huge buildings. I was never one to travel often so this was my second time in New York. I had forgotten how tall the buildings stood. The streets filled with people and the roads with cars honking back and forth.

        "Idiota (Idiot)!" Tomas yelled as he honked the horn loudly at the person crossing on the green light.

        Thankfully, he was able to brake on time. Our seatbelts pushed us back into the leather seats.

"Oh, New York. How I have missed it," Dante said sarcastically as he stared down at his silver watch. He frowned upon seeing the time. "We will make it on time with this traffic. Drop us off here. We will walk the rest of the way."

"Should I take the princess to the meeting at the university?" Tomas asked and Dante nodded.

There was a car behind us with Flora and her guard in it. They had been trailing behind the entire time.

"Please take care of her and make sure that she does not leave your sight for too long. Hayden will kill me if anything happens to her," Dante replied as he stepped out of the car.

He held out his hand for me to take and I did. I held our present with my other hand as I stepped out of the large SUV.

The mid-March wind blew past us. It was not that cold, but it still left a tiny chill at the back of my neck.

        As we walked down the busy streets, I had a hard time keeping up with his pace. I could also feel his palm becoming sweaty and his breathing quicken. I raise an eyebrow confused by his nervous demeanor.

        "My love, are you alright?" I asked as I stopped on my tracks. Dante turned to me and nodded.

        "Y-Yes, why?"

       I lifted a brow knowingly. "You're stuttering. You never stutter."

       "I wouldn't say never," Dante replied with yet another nervous chuckle.

"Dante, you know you can tell me." I ran my finger over his cheek trying to comfort him.

"I will, but not yet my love. Soon." He promised as he kissed the back of my head. "Now, let's go. Samantha and Brian are probably waiting for us."

        I knew something was up, but I did not question him. If he promised he would tell me then I would trust him.

        We walked a couple more blocks until we reached the park where the baby shower would be taking place. There was a couple of people and balloons that told us we were in the right place.

       "Hello, hello!" Dante greeted as we neared the crowd. Samantha and Brian walked over to us with warm smiles.

        "I am so glad you guys could make it," Samantha hugged each of us to the best of her extent. Her belly had grown a lot over the last few months yet she still managed to look beautiful.