26 | enemies

I stared at the man as he talked with the nurse

I stared at the man as he talked with the nurse. We were able to see him through the one-way mirror, but he could not see us. I folded my arms over my chest as I examined him. He was certainly my cousin. Dark, corse, raven hair; cold, light blue eyes; and that menacing stare.

       "Her royal highness tells us we can trust him, but I am not so sure," Benjamin, one of the royal guards informed me.

       I lifted a brow in surprise. "Isn't he the one who kidnapped her in the first place?"

       "I just finished talking with my wife. Apparently, he is also the one who saved her." Hayden walked up to wearing a tired expression. His under eyes were dark and swollen. "Seems like the bastard regretted his actions and chose to bring Flora back. His brother however fled."

       "So...are we going to interrogate him? He has to know something about his brother's plans or where he could be," Myung chimed in.

       "Leave it to us, your highness. We'll make sure to get every last bit of information from him."

       I placed my hand in front of Benjamin. He looked down at it almost insulted, but did not utter a word.

       "He's my cousin, I'll speak to him." I looked at the man laying on the hospital bed determine.

       Benjamin looked over at Hayden.

       "Let him," Hayden said and that is all it took for Benjamin to take a step back.

       I waited until the nurse was done checking the man up before I walked in. He looked confused at first and then a sense of realization seemed to hit him.

       "Who would have thought that the royal crown was working with a man like you?" He said almost amused. He looked over at the one-way mirror. "I guess they sent you in because your the toughest, huh?"

       "You really have no idea who I am?"

       The man looked confused. "You're Dante Villanueva. The most feared mafia lord in Italy. Well, mostly feared. My brother is the only one not scared of you."

        "No. I mean, do you know who I am to you?" I asked slowly.

       "The man who is going to torture me until you get every single piece of information out of me?" He replied more as a question than an answer.

        I held back the urge to pinch the bridge of my nose. How was this man so clueless? I was expecting him to be a cold, cocky jerk like the rest of the minions act. I could not believe this man was the same one that had kidnapped the royal princess, let alone that he was related to Lorenzo or me!

       "I am your cousin dimwit," I snapped.

       "Cousin? No, I do not have any cousins." He shook his head not believing my words. "My father had no siblings, and neither did my mother. The only family I have left is Lorenzo."