36 | the pressure is on

Three months

Three months. It had been three months and I had yet to get a trail on Lorenzo.

Hayden constantly assured me that there was no rush in finding him, but I knew better. I had failed at the one task he had given me. Although, he did not show it, I could feel his remorse.

"Ugh, I hate Greek yogurt." Stephanie walked into the room while rubbing her stomach. Despite her pale complexion, she had a certain glow in her eyes.

"You love Greek yogurt," I replied as I stared at her with concern.

"Either that brand makes the worst Greek yogurt, or it was spoiled," Stephanie grumbled as she sunk into the large couch in front of my desk. "What did the prince want?"

"He was just checking up on any progress. He says he is not worried, but I know him. He's still grieving the death of his father. It doesn't help that he is the new King and has a psychopath on the loose." I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. "Lorenzo is smart. If he can't charm people, all he has to do is threaten them into silence."

"Do not stress, my love. You will find the bastard," Stephanie assured as she walked over to me.

She enveloped me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. I leaned into her touch letting go of the stress I had.

My wife was right. I was going to find Lorenzo, no matter the cost. I had to quit sulking around. Il Lopo (The Wolf) showed mercy to no one and everyone feared him. If Lorenzo could threaten people into silence, I would make them talk with the same brutality.

"Mr Villanueva, you have a guest," Loretta said as she entered the study.

Julian poked his head from behind her. He held a wide grin as he waved at us.

"Hi cousin," he greeted.

"What are you doing here?" I growled.

"I see you are still as friendly as ever."

I gave him an unamused expression and he sighed in defeat.

"Hayden sent me here," he replied. "He did not want to tell you because he fears Lorenzo may be intercepting the calls at the palace. However, I think we found him."

"What do you mean you found him?" How could he have possibly found him.

"I knew my brother would flee the country since he had no allies left in Italy. They were all dead or imprisoned. So, I did some digging and I found someone who knew where he was."