18 | the thin line between sanity and insanity

It was like a scene straight out of a movie

       It was like a scene straight out of a movie. The three spotless vehicles parked in front of the large mansion in an orderly fashion. Dante and I emerged from the first one, Myung and Samantha from the second one, Alessandra and her husband from the last one. All of us wearing a black attire. Everyone's eyes were on us as we walked up the staircase together. It did not take long for the whispers to begin.

       "There are many of them around. Are we sure coming here was a good idea?" Myung asked as we entered the reception hall. There were a lot of men dressed in black suits with guns walking back and forth.

       "Are you scared?" Alessandra taunted with a small smirk.

       "We only brought six of our men," Myung reminded. "We are basically digging our own graves."

       "Who said we only brought six?" Samantha asked with a grin.

       Myung furrowed his brows in confusion. Samantha pointed with her eyes at the various waiters passing out drinks. They were Dante's men disguised as simple waiters. She then glanced at the interior balcony where a woman stood. Next to her were Caterina and her husband.

       "When did they get here?"

        "Caterina was not going to miss the spectacle of a lifetime so she grabbed the first plane she could find,"Samantha replied. "And Esmeralda was already on her way here to pick up Diego."

       "Tonight the Petrovs will be reminded who the Villanueva's are," Dante said in a low, almost menacing tone.

I would be lying if I said I was not scared of what would happen tonight. After our fight, Dante and I barely said a word to one another so I was still in the dark about his true plan.

"Have you finally come to your senses and decided to take my daughter as your wife?" An old raspy voice said. We all turned to the man walking toward us.

He was a few inches shorter than Dante with gray locks and sharp green eyes. His face had many wrinkles but he still managed to look scary. Kira was standing right behind him.

"I am sorry to say that I will be declining your proposal," Dante said calmly. His lips curled up into a scary smirk. "Actually, no. I am not sorry."

The man's eyes turned dark with rage.

"How dare you enter my home and insult me?!" He barked furiously.

The music had stopped and everyone turned look at us. The man's guards immediately rushed to pull out their guns. However, the old man motioned them to put them away.

"How dare you threaten my sister and my nephews?" Dante growled.

"You killed my nephew first!" Vladimir argued. "He was the last of his bloodline. The only living heir my brother had. You crossed the line first and now I will finish it."