11 | love is a risky game

"I need more towels!" Samantha yelled loudly

       "I need more towels!" Samantha yelled loudly. However, her voice was drowned by the loud cries of pain from the injured men.

       The once clean sheets were piled up in a corner soaked in blood. Everyone rushed back and forth trying to help in any way possible. I felt helpless as I stood there frozen from the shock.

       "Someone get her out of here!" Dante barked as he noticed my anxious state.

       "Ma'am you should wait outside," one of the maids pleaded, but I could not move.

       "Can I get some stitches over here!" Kira called out as she tried to control the bleeding for one of the men.

       "Coming!" Diego yelled back as he ran past me and bumping into my shoulder. "Sorry Ms Astoria."

       "Ma'am we really should get you out of here," the maid insisted again.

       "O-Okay," I nodded nervously as I let her guide me toward my bedroom.

       I shot my eyes open and gasped for air. I looked down over at the clock on my bedside table which read, '9:30'. The crying and moaning had finally ceased. All that was left was an eerie silence. I slipped out of the Queen sized bed and made my way out of the room. The halls were dark and empty. It felt like I was the only one in the mansion.

       "Dante?" I called out as I noticed a disembodied figure sitting on one of the sofas.

       "Ahh, the little wuss. I thought you had left after what you saw," Kira said as turned on the lamp next to her. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun and a few stains of blood were on her face and clothes. "Nice way to impress Dante's sister."

       I lowered my gaze with guilt. I wanted to ignore her words, but I knew that they were true.

       "Where is Dante?"

       "Talking with his family," Kira replied as she lit up a cigarette. She exhaled a large puff of smoke with a relieved sigh.

       "What about Samantha?" I asked. I hoped that there was someone I could ask about the events from earlier.

       "Samantha is his family too. She's with them," Kira said with a jealous tone. I nodded silently as an awkward silence surrounded us. Kira lifted a brow as if reading my mind. "He hasn't told you has he? That is why you were so shocked?"

       "Samantha and Caterina only told me that his life was complicated," I sighed. "I just want to know if he is in some sort of trouble and if I can help him."

       "After today, I think it is best you leave. He needs someone valiant by his side, not some naive coward," Kira answered. "Even if I am not the one who marries him, his sister will make sure someone suitable for the job does."