12 | falling to my knees

"Our sales have reached their peak this season

       "Our sales have reached their peak this season... " I drowned out Tony's enthusiastic voice. He had been going on and on for almost an hour about the same topic.

       I glanced over at the beauty in front of me. She rested her elbow on the table, her chin nestled inside her hand as her eyes drooped from the boredom. Every time her head began to fall, she shot back up, blinked a few times and pretended to have been awake. I could not help but smile at her cute behavior.

       It was surreal to me that such an angel would choose me. I did not have to force me to like me. She chose to stay by my side despite everything. It felt nice to finally have someone want me without any strings. The memories from last night flooded into my head. I could feel my pants tightening around my center as Stephanie's moans resurfaced. It was a long night. It was no wonder she was falling asleep mid-meeting. We both knew we had duties to attend to in the morning, but there was no stopping the passion we both had.

       "Mr Villanueva? Mr Villanueva?"

       I shot my head to the person who had rudely disrupted my thoughts. Tony jumped back as my angry scowl landed on him.

       "I-I am finished, s-sir." He said cowardly.

       I rolled my eyes and heaved a sigh. "Everyone is dismissed. You may take a brief lunch break before returning to your posts. Thank you."

       Everyone shot up from their seats and began making their way out of the room. I was surprised to find Tony still in the room. He was looking down at a sleeping Stephanie with a small smile. I could feel my eye twitching as he moved his hand to her face. I immediately shot my hand forward and stopped him.

       "I believe I said everyone was dismissed," I growled. "That means you can leave Mr Kelvin."

"I just wanted to let Ms Astoria know," he replied. "B-But I will be leaving, sir."

He scurried away with a frightened expression. I smiled triumphantly as I watched the door close behind him.

"Idiota (dumbass)," I snickered.

I looked down at Stephanie and my face softened. I carefully crouched down beside her and pushed back her silky red hair. She looked peaceful as her closed eyes flickered slowly. The simple scene warmed my heart. This woman was mine.

"You know, some may say watching people while they sleep is creepy," Stephanie said. Her eyes remained closed but her lips had curved up.

"Well, I do not watch people. I only like watching one person and that's you," I replied. "Only you."

"Cheesy as always Mr Villanueva," Stephanie's eyes fluttered open. She let out a low yawn as she stretched her hands out. "Is the torture—I mean meeting finally over?"