23 | la donna

I could feel my head throbbing as my eyes adjust to the bright light entering the room

       I could feel my head throbbing as my eyes adjust to the bright light entering the room. I groaned and carefully propped myself up. I was taken aback when I saw Kira sitting on the sofa beside my bed with a pair of headphones on and a newspaper inside her hands. I looked around and realized we were inside a plane.

       "Ahh, you're awake."

       I tensed up as I turned to look at the man standing near the door frame. His green eyes stared back at mine.

       "Did you really have to stoop so low, father?" I gritted my teeth together as I tried containing my anger.

       My father nodded. "How else would I have been able to bring you back home?"

       "You have a very caring father Ms Astoria."Vladimir smiled at me from behind my father.

       "I thought my boyfriend made it clear last what would happen when you messed with his family again?" I asked with a raised brow.

       Vladimir simply laughed at me. "Lucky for me, you're not family."

       My lips pressed together into a hard line.

       "C'mom sweetie. Do not tell me you didn't miss me?" My father opened his arms as if asking for a hug. I simply rolled my eyes at his actions.

       "I may not carry the Villanueva name, but you and I both know Dante will sure as hell kill you when he finds out. So, tell me, why risk your life to help my father?"

       "Dante killed my daughter's fiancé. It is only fair that I inflict that same pain into him," Vladimir replied nonchalantly.

       Kira glared at her father. She slipped off the headphones she had on and gave him a knowing expression.

       "Liar," she said in what I assumed was Russian.

       I could see the tension between Kira and her father. Kira set down the newspaper and I finally noticed the handcuffs around her wrist and attached to the table. She noticed my confused gaze.

       "Oh, I am just as much a captive as you are. My dear father thought I would run off and warn Dante about his alliance with Mr Astoria." Kira gave her father a sarcastic smirk. "Which I was, and I would gladly do it again."

"You insolent child," Kira's father lifted his hand, but decided not to last minute.

       "At least Dante cares for his family instead of greed, unlike you father."

       Kira and Vladimir held a quick stare off before he walked away. I stood there surprised to see that I was not the only one with daddy issues.

       "We should be arriving soon, so it is time to put these on." My dad grabbed my wrists and placed a cable tie around them.

       "Dante is going to find me and he'll make you regret this," I warned but he simply shrugged.