37 | a visit from the stork

I stared at the calendar in front of me with shock

I stared at the calendar in front of me with shock. I could not believe that I had not noticed sooner. In the famous words of Hermione Granger, "How could I be so stupid?"

"Ma'am are you alright?" Loretta asked as she noticed my frozen state.

I blinked a few times before I was brought back to reality. The calendar on my phone still haunted me though.

"Y-Yeah," I nodded. "If Alessandra or Caterina stop by tell them that I went out. I have to go check something out."

Loretta looked at me with concern but nodded.

I grabbed my purse and walked out of the room. Myung had stayed behind on orders of Dante to be my personal body guard. He was lounging about on the living room when I found him.

"Woah, you look like you just saw a ghost. What's wrong?" He asked.

       "I-I think I'm pregnant," I blurted out.

       Myung's face went blank for a second before it morphed into a joyous expression. He looked down at my stomach and then back up at me.

       "Oh my gosh! Dante is going to be a daddy! And you're going to be a mommy!" He shrieked.

       "I don't know yet. My period could just be late, but it does make sense why I have been feeling so sick lately," I replied.

       I looked down at my stomach with a hopeful grin. Dante and I had been trying for the past few months, but with no luck.

        "We have to go get you a pregnancy test then." Myung jumped up from the couch and grabbed the keys to the black SUV.

       We walked out of the mansion and to his car.  He opened the door for and helped me inside before walking to the driver's side.

       "You know, it's kind of sad that Dante isn't here. The Villanueva timing for good news is always messed up," Myung pouted. "But I am sure that when he gets back, he is going to be so happy."

       "Tell me about it. I just hope he will be happy about the news," I sighed.

       "He will!" Myung assured.

       I leaned into my seat letting Myung's words soothe my nerves.

       The car ride to the nearest pharmacy only took twenty minutes. We entered the Walgreens and it was almost empty. Only a few people scanning the aisles.

       I walked over to the aisle with the pregnancy tests. There were so many to choose from.

       "Why don't you take one of each?" Myung replied.

       I shrugged and nodded, agreeing with his idea.

       I picked out five different types. From the most basic, to the most techie. I walked over to the cashier and she gave me a questionable look.