My childhood dreams are coming true

Jeans POV

To get my mind off of Mark i decided to go do some cross country with Sunday.

"Hey my special boy!" I sang skipping over to his stable and opening the door. I entered his stable and gave him a hug and he neighed into my shoulder making me laugh. "I'm so glad you're a hugger!" I smiled and got a brush and started brushing out his newly trimed coat.

He ate his breakfast idly and I cleaned his hooves and got out his tack. He looked up from his now empty bowl and his ears flicked forward excitedly.

"We're going to do something a little different today" I smiled mischievously.

I strapped on all his tack and led him out into the yard, putting on my riding hat and gloves. My mother had given me these gloves when i was 14 and I wouldn't dare go anywhere without them.

Mark showed up out of nowhere making me jump and i stood in front of Sunday who was giving Mark the stink eye, he must have a sixth sense and knows me and Mark are on not so good terms right now.

"Ah! Mark- where's Tasha she can't know about Sunny!" I said panicking, it's not like standing in front of him does anything to hide him.

"She's still at home, she told me her horse needs clipping?" Mark added to the end of that nervously.

I rolled my eyes and went back to getting Sunday ready for our morning ride, "ugh I just clipped her horse! Jeez she just wants me to suffer." I complained.

"I should get back to Freddy.." Mark said and I waved him off, holding Sunny by the reins and then walked away.

I knew there was a cross country course nearby that no one uses because it required getting a little dirty. This would be a perfect spot for seeing just how agile Sunny really is..

"Here it is boy!" I said smiling excitedly seeing the familiar empty field. In there field was many natural themed jumps and ditches, this was going to be fun.

I swung over Sunday and placed my feet into the stirrups, i bent down and pet Sunday on the neck and breathed, "Okay, if you get antsy we can go right back and I'll give you lots of treats, that sound good?" I said soothingly and Sunday rocked his head back and forth impatiently making me giggle, "Okay good!" I smiled.

I shortened my reigns and got into position, "Let's do this!" I said and gave Sunday a tiny tap on his side and he sprang to action. He cantered like he was made of butter and glided over each jump with such smoothness that at some points it didnt feel like we were jumping at all.

"Hah! Alright!" I yelled lifting his hands in the air excitedly and Sunday let out a pleased whinny as we went to a stop.

"THe course is over already?" I asked looking back at the field we had just glided through, there must have been about forty jumps out there! I looked down at myself and sunny and saw we were absolutely drenched in muddy water and i laughed till i could hardly breath for the first time in forever.

"That was incredible!" A voice burst through my adrenaline filled bubble and I almost fell off, i looked down and an older man with his dog were standing there eyes wide at Sunny and I.

"AH! Um, when did you get here?" I asked shocked and terrified. Oh no, I've been caught, where am i going to go? I cant keep sunday in my room it's not big enough and he cant use stairs!

"I usually walk my dog here since no one ever comes out this far, i saw the whole thing and wow." He said shocked.

"That bad huh?" I winced.

"No it was incredible! I have never seen a horse move that fast through an obstacle course! He must be a showjumping horse! Who sired him? He looks young!" The man asked eagerly.

"Um.. actually he's a rescue." I admitted and the mans jaw dropped.

"You must enter him into the jumping competition today! Absolutely must!" He said rummaging through his pockets.

"What competition?" i asked.

"The qualifiers competition it's happening just down the road and it's starting in forty minutes!" He said and took out a $50 bill handing it to me, "Take it! You need it to enter!"

"Oh i couldnt possibly!" I said holding my hands up in protest.

"Please, i couldn't live with myself if i knew i let a talented rider and horse lose a chance like this!" He pleaded and i reluctantly took the bill. "The competition is happening just up the road when you see the lightning truck tree turn left and keep going until you see the horse trucks!" He explained.

"Thank you so much i will not forget this, mysterious dog man!" I said and galloped off towards the show.