An unexpected turn of events...

The last tournament sucked.

"Dammit!!"

I had come in third place, and sat down out of the sun, thinking how I could've done so much better when another rider approached me. She had blonde hair and wore a fully sequined outfit, appearing blaringly bright where the sun bore down on her.

"Hey sugar," she cooed. "It's too bad you couldn't get into the semi-finals, at least you'll be in town to compete again in the winter?"

I groaned, "Yeah, maybe. I think I really just need a change in scenery after all this." The rider frantically scrambled down her horse and patted down her glitter suit. "Well, I don't think quitting is the right answer willy-poo. You know, I know a place that's real nice and breezy where you and your horse could practice." She got out her phone and showed me the place (deleting a couple tabs about relationships?? I'm not one to leer). "It's on the opposite side of town, but you'd be close to people who'd support you, aka me," she batted her eyes, "and its closer to the actual event so..." She passed me her phone to look at the place. I raised my eyebrows. It did seem nice...

"I'll think about it Tasha, thanks."

~ Timeskip brought to u by Tiny Box Tim ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ ~

Since when do coyotes hang around these parts??!? Freddy whinnied and reared as I tried to get a grasp on her reigns. Eventually, she bucked too hard and I fell ungracefully to the floor, knocking my head hard. My eye felt sore and when I touched it I winced. It appeared to be a black eye. From my one good eye I could see someone running towards me. They looked like a speck of amber against the afternoon sun.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

~ Sooo many time skips +_+ ~

The person's name was Jean Wilder. She seemed to have been a horse rider at these stables for a while now. The thing is... she knew me?! Guess I'll scrap my alias William Afton for now haha... 

Anyways, she seemed real nice and told me she was a fan, which I always appreciate and so the conversation ran smoothly. Eventually I got the courage to tell her I was into dressage and she fell silent. She looked up at me with her hazelnut eyes. 

"Oh." Was the only answer I got from her. 

"What, not much of a dancer?" I asked smirking. I may have looked coy on the outside but once those words left my lips, my pulse started skipping. I was sure glad it was sunset because as soon as I met her eager curious face, I felt my cheeks heat up. Argh I'm a jokester, it's my job!! So why was this small comment tripping me up!? I looked away momentarily but Jean didn't seem to notice.  Soon though, I totally forgot I was even embarrassed as Jean started to talk about riding. I perked up. Jean asked me why I like it. I sighed. "Riding is like an escape from me. When I ride I'm no longer big shot Markiplier, I'm rookie William Afton, hehe.." 

She smiled warmly at me and placed her hand on my knee. "Your secret is safe with me, Mark." My skin tingled where her palm was so I tired to concentrate on the cooling effect of the ice pack.

~Last timeskip I swearreww (˃ᆺ˂✿) 

Later that day, I finished up a lets play when I heard whinnying from the stables. I put my headphones down and checked the time. I widened my eyes. 4 am??? Who'd be up at this time with the horses? Curious, I stepped out onto my porch and headed for the stables. Sure enough, I was lucky to see Jean. After 4 house of gaming, she really was a sight for sore eyes... except she looked quite the opposite when she saw me. She looked manic. In a frenzy, she explained her situation.

"Sobasicallyimnotariderhereimactuallyastablehandandijustspentallmymoneyonthishorsethat wasgoingtobeturnedintodogfood-"

My jaw dropped. Wait wait. All of her life savings???? "Thats... alot to take in..." I admitted. Jean took a deep breath in. Then I came to a realisation. "Jean.. do you.. live here?" I asked worried.

Jean's face turned visibly red (phew, glad I'm not the only one!) and she started crying. I startled, not knowing what to do. "I couldnt afford to go anywhere else.." She whispered.

I quickly rushed over and  - argh, I'm so awkward but what else could I do?? - I grasped her by the shoulder assuringly. "Dont cry, Jean!" I said, eyes glazed wet with sadness. 

"I never wanted my hero to see me like this.." She sobbed.

"I never wanted anyone to find out i do dressage and look where we are!" I realised that maybe my jokes wouldn't have worked int his situation and I mentally cringed as Jean looked at me weirdly from a red-streaked face.

I flustered and froze up momentarily, thinking of what to say when all of a sudden it hit me. Like a massive fruckin truck. "...Let me pay for you to stay in a hotel," I blurted out of the blue. "It's the least i could do!" I grabbed her hand reassuringly. 

"No! I dont want your money.. I'll feel too guilty.." She said and I stiffened up. Gee, I thought she'd accept it... but I can't leave her like this! And then another truck hit me. A good massive dumpy truck. It was like two lightbulbs went off in my brain at once.

"Well then it's decided! You will stay with me!" I said excitedly.