Another Surprise?

Bob and Wade had said their goodbyes and it was time for Mark and I to go up the yard.

"You ready to go?" Mark asked and I nodded determinedly.

"I'm always ready," I say with a macho voice.

"Let's do this," Mark said grabbing his car keys.

We drove down to the stables and I was relieved to see there was no one around. I got out of the car and was going to run straight to Sunday when Mark stopped me.

"What is it, Mark?" I asked confused

"You can't go in there without proper armour!" Mark said opening the boot of his car and then pulling out some purple and black jodhpurs and a huge shoe box, "Go on, open it!" He said excitedly.

I took the box nervously, slowly opened it, and took out the tissue paper. I was flawed with what they were. A brand spanking new pair of riding boots. They were my favourite shade of brown and went all the way up to the top of my shins, just the way I like them.

"Mark- I! I don't know what to say! I don't even want to know how much these were or I'll feel guilty for a month!" I laughed taking the boots out and looking at them in the morning sun.

"But that's not all! I messaged around and an old riding friend had a saddle and reins that needed taking off their hands. It's not as luxurious as your new boots, but they were free!" Mark showed me the black europian style saddle and reins and it felt like my bones turned to jelly. This was just like the saddle I had as a kid...

"Mark this is perfect!" I cried and hugged him tight and he hugged me back with his hand cradling my head.

"Anything for you.." I could feel him smiling and he gave me a kiss on top of my head and then pulled away.

"Now get changed and let's get to riding, hm?" He said and I nodded.