All good things must come to an end

I felt sick to my stomach.

I thought he liked me!?

Was he just playing with my heart!?

Why would he go out with TASHA of all people!?

I was frozen in place, my face getting paler by the minute.

"Hey, I'm back- Woah! Jean, you look like you've seen a ghost!" Mark said shocked.

Without looking up at him I whispered, "So all those times you avoided me, you were out with Tasha?".

Mark's eyes widened, "What? What are you talking about?" Mark asked.

I held out his phone for him to grab and he did, seeing all the texts Tasha had sent him, "I was going to give this to you." I said huskily.

Mark was taken aback, "I- we- uhm.." Mark stammered.

"You picked Tasha, of all people..? The woman who made my life miserable?" I said getting angrier.

Mark was taken aback "Why do you even care!? Why should you have any say in my love life!?" he argued back frowning.

I had never seen him look so angry at me.

"I- but!" I stuttered.

"I barely even know you and now you think you can tell me what to do?" He yelled.

I took a step back, feeling like I had just been struck by 1000 arrows.

"I'm not telling you what to do!" I replied hurt and a little confused.

Mark's face was darkened by what looked to be disgust, a disgust at me? "Well, it sure sounds like you are!"

"Where did all this anger even come from?" I asked with tears pooling in my eyes.

"What anger!? I'm just stating truths, Jean." Mark retorted with his fists clenched.

"What truths, Mark!? That I care about you and who you choose to be with?" I said looking away so he couldn't see the tears rolling down my face.

"That– that you're just a fan!" Mark yelled and the room fell deathly quiet.

I looked back at him in disbelief, he looked taken aback too by what he said, but it didn't matter now.

"I thought you were my friend. But I guess you're just as shallow as every other celebrity." I croaked turning my back to him.

"I take back what I said. You and Tasha are perfect for each other." I smiled.

There was no reply after that, only the sound of disappearing footsteps and the clicking of a door closing.

I looked back and he was gone, without another word.