Chapter 1: Prologue

Start from the beginning

And three, the quest board to the left in between the receptionist desk and tables.

Though Alex did work for the Lastation Guild, he rarely ever went there as he preferred to accept work via his phone.

When it came to requests outside of Lastation however, he had to enter the Guild to accept it which he found as a slight hindrance but didn't mind it all that much.

Alex approached the desk as he stood in front of the person who handled the phone calls.

"Hm? How may I help you sir?" Said the person.

"I received a phone call from here for a mercenary request." Said Alex.

"Ah yes. So, you must be Alex Mustang then? If so then I'll go get the request form so you can sign it and officially begin." They said.

The person turned to the book looking through a file of papers before seemingly grabbing the paper as they placed it on the desk in front of him.

"Sign right here." They said, pointing to where he'd have to write his signature while handing him a pen.

Alex grabbed the pen and signed the paper, as he then noticed that the paper had two lines for signatures.

"Oh right. I forgot to mention that this specific job asked for two people." Said the receptionist.

"Then, who's the other?" Asked the boy.

"That would be me." Said another voice behind.

Alex turned around to see a fair-skinned girl with a short physique and sharp, green eyes.

Her hair had a pale brown hue that reached down near her waist.

On her head was a hair accessory which consisted of two green leaves on the left side of her head.

She wore a loose and large blue coat with silver buttons and trimming that was worn open.

The coat itself easily looked like it was way, way, WAY too large for her to wear, as the sleeves reached through her hands.

She also wore medium-length black socks and blue boots with silver trimming that matched her coat.

"Oh. It's you." Said Alex, seeming familiar with the girl.

"You sound like you've heard of me." Said the brown haired girl.

"I have. You're IF. Known as 'The Lone Gust of wind blowing through Gamindustri'. You're pretty popular amongst the guilds seeing as you're recognized as the most successful guild member in Planeptune." Said the boy.

"Huh. You're pretty well versed. Well, the same also applies to me. You're Alex Mustang. A well known mercenary for the Lastation Guild. Though you're only thirteen, you've been in the mercenary game since you were seven meaning you're practically a veteran." Said IF.