"You didn't say goodbye"

Start from the beginning

"That's a really nice story." She replies,

"And what about you? What's your name?" I ask her,

"Jenna. I don't have a cool story like yours on how I got it, sadly." She replies, offering her hand, I take it and shake her hand.

"That's a lovely name." I compliment her, seeing her smile softly.

"Thank you." She replies,

"How are you?" I ask her, waiting with her as she stands in line, waiting for her drink to be made.

"Not bad, I start work in like 40 minutes. I'm running a bit late." She informs me,

"Oh, what is it you do?"

"Just... you know, usual 20 year old stuff." She replies, glancing to see if someone was outside. I glance outside before looking back over at her, seeing her eyes meet mine and notice herself sort've relax slightly.

"Waiting for someone?"

"No. You?"

"No, alone." I reply, seeing her nod her head. I take a sip of my hot chocolate.

"Is it good?"

"Yeah, you wanna try? I swear, Dylan makes the best hot chocolate ever." I express to her, handing it over, she takes it and takes a sip before humming and her eyes widening.

"Oh, my god. It is." She agrees, handing it back over. Her face brightening up at the hot chocolate. "I'm jealous." She replies, laughing. I hum and take another sip then hum,

"It's so good, I swear, I could drink this all the time— I say that as if I don't already do that." I express to her, chuckling softly, hearing Jenna begin to chuckle softly. "So, can I be blunt and ask a random question?" I ask her,

"Go for it." She allows me to do,

"Can I give you my number?" I ask her, she turns her head to me in surprise before pulling out her phone and letting me put my number in. "Thank you." I say, through a small hum. I hand her phone back, letting her decide the name contact.

"Jenna." Dylan announces her name, Jenna moves toward the counter and grabs her drink, turning to me,

"It was nice meeting you." She admits, "I'll text you once I'm finished with work." she tells me, I nod my head and watch as she walks away.

"Have a good day at work, Jenna." I wish to her, heading over to my chair and sitting the hot chocolate down, I pick my book up and open to the page I was reading. Glancing up at the window to see Jenna walking past, both of us staring and smiling at one another. Once she's out of eye-sight, I feel myself manage to look down at my book and fully focus on my book.

***

I'm doing training with my friend at the gym and right now I'm sparring. I have my friend, Florence Pugh, teaching me some moves and she's mostly going through the training that she did for Black Widow. I know Florence as we're childhood best friends as well as cousins. So, yeah, that's always fun.

I go to hit her. Her dodging it and countering, yet I duck and move under her. Kicking her knee. She stumbles, quickly turning around.

"Sneaky." She acknowledges, both of us giggling as we both push forward. She goes to punch me but I grab her wrist, moving out of her way. I use my elbow and push it into hers. Then wrap my arm around her neck and try to pull her down but that fails. She moves her leg in front of mines, trying to trip me up and when she hovers downward.

"Woah—Woah, oh—!" I roll onto her back and land as Florence gains her balance, she turns to me shocked and we look at each other with our mouths open.