The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth

Start from the beginning

"You two have totally kissed," Yoko said in disbelief. Aloria was finally calming down and she shook her head. It was the truth. They hadn't kissed yet. "How do you not kiss your girlfriend!"

Enid glanced away embarrassed and mumbled, "We just haven't yet." Aloria smiled softly at her from the floor. So they were girlfriends, good to know.

Yoko sighed and brought her hands together like she was praying. She then pointed it at Enid. "If you don't kiss your girlfriend soon I will. Clock's ticking, pup."

Enid's jaw dropped. "You wouldn't! Divina would kill you!"

"And that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the two of you . . . so get yo damn smooch on!" She then turned and started to leave. Was this the only reason she came?

"Why do you want us to kiss so badly?" Enid called after her.

"You'll find out when ya do!" And she was gone, door closed once more.

Enid and Aloria looked at each other confused before breaking out into a fit of giggles. Yoko's quick visit had been an odd one, but also a funny one. Though Aloria did want to know why she was so invested in their first kiss.

The answer was simple: there was a betting pool. Unbeknownst to the new couple, their entire friend group was betting on when they would have their first kiss. Yoko's bet was that it would happen within the second half of their first week of dating. Kent already lost his bet having bet the first half of the first week. Her clock for winning started today at noon, so she figured she would give Enid a little extra motivation. She had a lot of money riding on this.

Enid stood up and helped Aloria off the floor. Then she looked at her bed and sighed. "Look at the mess you made." There was popcorn kernels everywhere making Aloria giggle. She kissed the werewolf's cheek in apology and started to clean it up. Enid watched lovingly for a few seconds before joining the effort.

Once they finished the door opened again but this time Wednesday walked in. They stared at her, surprised to see her at the dorm. But Wednesday paid them no mind as she went to her side of the room.

"I won't be long. I have to go back to the shed."

"Just wait a moment, Wednesday," Enid tried. "We've barely seen you, just stay with us for the rest of the day."

"I can't, I'm busy." She grabbed something from her drawer and started to head out.

"No, you're not you're—"

"I have to stay busy, Enid!" She snapped, turning around and stopping at the door. "I don't want to think about it."

Aloria's heart wrenched for the shorter girl. She had only met Eugene once and even she felt bad about what happened. She couldn't imagine how Wednesday must be feeling. Even if she tried to hide it. The siren held out her hand to her with pleading eyes, a silent beg to stay.

Wednesday's heart screamed at her to take the sirens hand, her brain telling her to run away. And for the first time, she listened to her heart. She slowly stepped forward and reached for Aloria's hand. But once they made contact a jolt of electricity ran through her body and her head snapped back, head staring at the ceiling. She was having a vision.

Wednesday found herself in a home she didn't recognize, but looking around she saw pictures of a happy family. Aloria was in all of them. This was Aloria's home. But what was Wednesday doing here? The house seemed to be empty, well, at least the living room. But then the door barged open and in stormed Aloria and an older woman who looked similar, her mother. They were arguing.