69.

I was walking through a sea of orange. Not papaya orange unfortunately but Max fans. The Orange Army definitely showed up again.
"Party at Martin's tonight" Max walked passed me and patted my back. It took me a second to figure out who he was talking about but obviously he was talking about Martin Garrix. "Oh yes I'm in" I said enthusiastically. "I am gonna invite Skye too if you don't mind?" I shook my head. No it's totally fine that you're gonna invite the love of my life.
"On another note, do you have a thing for journalists?" I rolled my eyes laughing. "No mate, they just really like me" it was his time to roll his eyes now. "You're just way too nice. Nice little Lando" maybe he was right, I was too nice. If Maya had something on him, he would made her life a living hell. "Watch out because little Lando will beat you in your home country" he chuckled a little.

Sarah walked up to us, Max nudged me quickly. "Speaking of the devil" I quickly looked at Sarah, her face looked concerned. "Can I talk to you please?" She looked at me. I nodded as Max patted my back and walked to his hospitality.
"What's wrong?" Her face showed that there was something wrong. "She's gonna publish it this weekend. It's the Red Bull contract yeah?" I quickly looked at her, I never told her that.
"I overheard her conversation with her colleague when we were in the media center" she quickly explained. "That sucks, but it's a contract from last year so.." It still would suck if she published it but it wasn't the end of the world.
I should've know that she would publish it here. We were at the home of Max and Red Bull for that matter. It would cause drama in their team if it came out right before the race.
"That's the thing, she knows it from last year so she's gonna leave out some things" she was even sneakier than I thought. She was gonna make it look like it's a contract from this year.
"I can do nothing about it right?" I asked and she shook her head. "Let her publish that shit and sue her and Sky Sports. I know it's not what you want, but it's the best thing you can do" I put my hand through my hair, it was definitely not what I wanted but she was right.
"Thanks Sophie, I really appreciate it, you should come to Martin's party by the way" she was Dutch so I figured she would know who I was talking about. "I will, someone already invited me" she said as she smiled and walked away.
I was totally lost right now, who invited her? I thought only the drivers and their girlfriends were invited?

—————————

I needed to find Skye. I needed a hug, a kiss, just to hear her voice. I needed her.
I didn't even care that I had to go inside the Red Bull hospitality right now. I was desperate.
I walked in and grabbed a Red Bull as I saw her sitting alone at a table. The perfect moment, no one was around. Everyone probably already went to their hotel. I quickly kissed her cheek and sat down in front of her.
"Lando, what are you doing here?" she quickly looked around. "Calm down, everyone is gone already" I said laughing. She was so cute, fuck I was so lucky. "Maya is gonna publish it this weekend, probably the evening before the race" I said and she nodded as if she already expected it. "I am gonna sue the shit out of her and Sky Sports. Don't worry, she will not win this" I quickly grabbed her hand to reassure it would be alright.
"So we can tell them we got engaged? After she published it?" She looked excited about it, I knew she hated the fact we had to lie to everyone especially to Max and Kelly. "We sure can" I nodded but I quickly turned my head around because I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Lando, can we have a quick talk?" Fuck, I guess not everyone left already.