46.

Maya's POV

Same night

The Red Bull and Mclaren drivers just walked passed us. They ignored us, which was horrible for is because they were the two top teams this year and everyone loved Lando's interviews.

"This is a nightmare for us, can't you talk to Lando?" Jack said as he looked up from his laptop. "He doesn't want the story to get out because of his girlfriend. She's the one blocking the entire thing" I already explained him so many times, I don't know why he didn't get it.
I was sure he would've done the interview if Skye didn't told him off.
Jack looked up as he was his fingers were tapping the table. "What if we tell him his girlfriend agreed to it?" He suddenly said as if it was a brilliant idea. I rolled my eyes. "Don't you think they actually talk to each other?" He sighed, he knew it was a stupid idea.
We were stuck, we couldn't afford losing their interviews for the entire season but we knew the story was great. It would gain a lot of attention to our website and it would be great for me too because it would have my name under it.

I was staring at my laptop. "He will never agree to it if we just ask him but I am dating his best friend" I never told them before so I could see the surprise in Jack's eyes. "They live together. There must be something laying around that Lando doesn't want to make public" Jack put his arms on the table as he leaned closer. "What are you thinking about?" I actually didn't really know. Something big enough to damage his career or his relationship with Zak and Mclaren. Nothing else would convince him to do the interview.
"I don't know. Contracts or offers from other teams. Maybe data from their car. Lando is a messy guy, there is probably something laying around" he nodded like a proud dad. He looked at the time and got up. "Good thinking, let's go do some interviews with the other drivers"

——————————

Lando won the race. I was happy for him, he always looked sorry when he walked passed us. I knew he felt bad for me, he wouldn't if he knew what I was trying to do.

I had to make sure they would stay in Monaco and not in his house in England.
I saw Skye walking out of his hospitality alone, which was good because that meant he would be alone this evening.

I don't know for how long I was waiting outside of his hospitality but I think it would be a pretty long time. He walked out while looking at his phone but he noticed me almost instantly.
"Oh hi Maya, where you waiting for me?" He said as he walked up to me and put his phone away. "Yes I was, I just wanted to congratulate you on your win" he smiled at that. I knew he would. "Thanks Maya, I'm actually going out with Verstappen. You wanna come?" I had to admit that I didn't expect him to still invite me for these things.
"Yes sure, let's go" I said smiling and walked with him.

—————————

Lando stayed by my side during most of the night. Could he maybe like me a little bit? I definitely liked him a lot but I couldn't really read him.
I knew he loved Skye a lot but they went through a lot, maybe enough to actually never be the same again.
"Where is Skye?" I asked him. He looked at me, gesturing to come a little closer. "What?" He yelled, the music was so incredibly loud. "Where is Skye?" I asked again, this time a little louder than before. "Out with the girls. Wine tasting or something" that was good to know, she would probably not be around this evening.
"Can we go back? I'm a little tired and I don't wanna go alone" I put my hand on his back as I leaned in closer so he could actually hear me.
"Sure, let me say bye to Max and then we will go" his hand brushed against my arm. Fuck why did I actually like it when he touched me?

Funny enough, we actually stayed at the same hotel.
We were walking to his room. "Thank you for the fun night Maya" he said as he leaned against his door. He definitely wasn't really sober anymore.
"Thank you for inviting me" I stepped a little closer to him. He was looking so handsome right now.
I leaned closer to him and he didn't look away or push me away. Maybe he actually wanted this too?

I pressed my lips against his. I don't know for how long I actually wanted to do that. I couldn't deny the butterflies I was feeling, something I didn't really feel while kissing his best friend.