34.

I don't even know how I finished the race, let alone stand on this podium. Somehow I ended up in P2.
I was looking down at my team, they were all so happy but I felt nothing.
Nothing at all. I gave the trophy and champagne to Charlotte and walked to the hospitality.

I was on autopilot. I did what I had to do but not with the usual smile on my face, not with the sarcastic jokes.
I quickly grabbed my phone as I was walking to the media pen. I skipped the interviews yesterday but I had to do them today.

Max V.

You wanna party?

Sure, see you tonight
Are u bringing your new friend?

Of course I am 😉

Max liked Maya but he was just scared she would write something about our nights out. I knew she would never do that.
I enjoyed having her around.

I finished the interviews rather quickly, I don't even know what I replied to most of their questions.
I walked to Sky Sports, Maya immediately stepped in front of her colleague, they already knew I only wanted to talk to her.
"Lando, great recovery, how are you feeling?" I smiled at her as I leaned closer. "Good, how are you?" She chuckled a little as she nodded. "Fine thank you but can you describe your race?" I really wanted to answer her question but honestly I just couldn't. "To be honest, no" Maya and her colleague just looked at each other confused. "But are you free tonight?" I pointed at her with a smile. "Uh, yes" she looked back at me. Still with a confused look on her face.
"Great, then we are going out" I said as I walked away.

"That's not how you do interviews, Lando"  Charlotte sighed. She must probably already regret her decision to come back. "I answered two questions, that's exactly what I have to do, no?" She shrugged her shoulders. She knew she couldn't win this battle.

—————————

"So how much money did he get?" Max was standing in front of me. Maya and I told him the story about what happened with Miles.
Maya shrugged he shoulders. "I don't know, probably pretty much" Max shook his head. I knew he felt responsible for it because he was part of his team but he obviously wasn't responsible at all.
"You should stop going out every night though" he looked at me. "Take care of him please?" His eyes landed on Maya. She nodded smiling. "Don't worry, I will definitely take care of him" they were having a conversation about me while I literally was standing there with them. "Uh hello? I'm right here?" They both started laughing.
I rolled my eyes, they were getting along at least.

My phone in my pocket kept vibrating so I quickly looked at it. Two missed calls from Skye. She was literally the last person I wanted to hear right now.

Skye :

I am busy

I just wanted to wish u congrats
For ur podium
Saw the interviews though
Are u okay?

I'm feeling good now you're out of my life
So leave me alone

Uh okay
I was just trying to be nice

I don't need that from you
Thanks though

Max was right. I needed to get a grip again. This was the last time I would think about her.

I was going to get drunk one last time. I definitely wanted another win soon, but I couldn't do that when I only slept a couple of hours before a race and I certainly couldn't do that when all I could think about was Skye.
I put my phone away and put my arm around Maya's neck, I kissed her cheek a couple of times.
I was lucky to have her around.