64.

Lando's POV

The summer break was over and we arrived in Belgium a couple of days ago. I loved this country, I felt at home here and I loved the track. It wasn't an easy track but almost every driver loved it.

Unfortunately we still had to deal with Maya. It wouldn't be the worst thing if she decided to publish the contract but I still wanted to avoid that.
We didn't really know what to do about her but we wanted her to delay the article so we had to pretend we broke up. For everyone. We wanted to make sure no one was going to tell her we were lying.
So we were gonna pretend to be heartbroken to everyone except the people who knew we got engaged during the summer break.
It was back to sneaking in each other's room and stealing kisses.

So I was walking through the paddock alone. My trainer was waiting for me in front of the hospitality. "I hope you had a nice summer break?" He patted my back smiling. I really wanted to tell him we got engaged but I couldn't. I just shrugged my shoulders. "It was nice" I responded. He looked at me weird but he didn't ask any more questions.
I walked in the meeting room with my trainer and sat down next to Daniel. "Hi mate, how are you?" He patted my back a little. I smiled at him, I liked to be around him, he always knew how to cheer people up. "I am fine, how are you?" I asked and he nodded as Zak walked in.
It was still a little awkward between us after I rejected his contract. I wanted to stay with them but they had to offer me something better or I really had to explore other options.
"I hope y'all had a nice summer break but we need to focus again. Spa isn't an easy track so I need everyone at the top of their game especially because we can still win both championships" Zak started his speech, he was mainly looking at me. I zoned off a little as I grabbed my phone.

Skye 🧡 :

What are you up to babe?

Nothing really
Social media and stuff like that
You?

Boring meeting
I have to do interviews after

Ew, poor baby
Are you coming to my room after?

Yes baby I will
I love you

"Lando are you even listening?" Zak's voice shook me out of my thoughts. "Uh yeah it's a difficult track and we have to be at the top of our game" that was the last thing I heard him say but it clearly wasn't the right answer because everyone started laughing.
"Can you please pay attention" his voice sounded annoyed. Why was he acting like that.
Fortunately the meeting ended not long after that. I quickly grabbed my things and wanted to get out of here. "Lando one minute please?" Zak looked at me, everyone left and I was alone with Zak. He didn't look happy at all.
"What's up dude?" I tried to lighten the mood but it wasn't really working. "Are you leaving us next year?" I rolled my eyes. Always the same question. "That's not what I want, but you can't blame me for looking around when you offered me the same contract I have now" he nodded, it wasn't the answer he was hoping for but clearly also not the answer he was expecting.
"Lando, tell me what you want and I'll give that" he leaned against the table but I shook my head. "You can offer me whatever you think I'm worth and I'll decide if it's enough or not" I hated to be like this with him but I actually wanted to see what he would offer me.

"You're really making Zak sweat a little" Charlotte nudged me playfully as we were walking to the media pen. She was definitely one of the reasons I wanted to stay at Mclaren.
Not long after I was standing in front of Maya. I had to smile but I couldn't explain how much I hated her. I wish I wasn't so nice for her in the beginning but who would've knew she would turn out to be the sneakiest person ever. "Hi Lando, did you enjoy your summer break?" She started. I just nodded. "It was fine" I responded. I was definitely not gonna give them much information. "Do you think you can beat Max in the championship?" She wasn't very original with her questions. "I definitely think I can" two questions answered so that was enough. I nodded at her and walked to the next one.
I leaned against the railing and sighed a little as I looked at the next journalist. "Not too excited for this interview I see?" She chuckled. I looked at her, she was new because I haven't seen her before.
"I'm sorry, I'll try to act excited" I responded as I smiled at her. "I like your fake smile, but I bet your real one is even nicer" I was impressed by her guts. Most of the journalists stayed professional and serious but she wasn't like that at all.
"You can skip us today, we will ask you some questions tomorrow if you don't feel like it today" she continued. No one ever offered me to skip their interviews. "I definitely like you already" I pointed at her as I looked at her mic.
She was working for Ziggo, so she was Dutch. "Thank you though, I appreciate it" I said and she just nodded.
I definitely was done with this day, I just wanted to go to Skye.

——————————

I was waiting for the elevator in Skye's hotel. The hotel everyone who worked for Red Bull was staying at. The doors of the elevator opened and my heart skipped a beat. Fuck. "What are you doing here Lando?"