44.

Skye's POV

I woke up by the sound of Lando's alarm. It was raceday today. I think I always was more nervous about it than him. It was such a dangerous sport and I really didn't want to lose him or see him get hurt.
He grabbed his phone and turned his alarm off.
He wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed my shoulder softly. "Good morning love" he whispered. I cuddled him a little more, I loved laying in his arms. I felt safe.
"Morning baby. Are you ready to win?" I turned to him, he smiled a little and nodded before getting up. "You, me, shower, now" he pointed to me as he walked in the bathroom.
I chuckled a little but I definitely wasn't gonna turn this down.

As I walked in the bathroom, Lando was already standing in the shower. I saw him naked for a million times already but I never got bored of it.
He looked even more handsome right now with the water running down his body.
I started to take my clothes off and joined him in the shower. "Wow I'm so lucky" he said as he looked at me. I guess he never got bored of seeing me naked either. He pulled me against his body.
We just had a nice intimate moment together. I definitely could get used to this.

——————————

Kelly looked nervous, but she wasn't nervous about the race or Max. She was nervous about something else, it was like she had to ask me something. "Spit it out" I said as I looked at her. She sighed a little before looking at me as well.
"I have to ask you something and just know that you can say no to this okay?" I nodded.
I was getting nervous about this as well. "I wanna take Max somewhere next weekend, you know because they don't have to race" she started explaining. "That's cute. You definitely deserve some time away with him" I said smiling. "But we need someone to take care of P.." I started smiling, I know what she was trying to ask. She probably thought we wouldn't like to be around kids after everything that happened.
"I would love to babysit her Kelly, but I have to ask Lando first. I really wanna be sure if he's okay with it too" she nodded. I was pretty sure he would be okay with it because he loved Penelope but we promised to communicate more so that was what we were gonna do. "Of course, I totally understand but please tell him that he shouldn't feel obligated" I smiled a little. She was so soft for us but I knew we were ready for it.

"On another note, the girls and I are going on a wine tasting tonight and they asked to invite you as well" she changed the subject. It would be nice to spend some time with the girls.
"I would love to" I knew Lando and Max would probably go out together after the race so Lando wouldn't mind either.
"Awesome, it's gonna be fun" she said as she looked up at the tv screen. "Looks like your boyfriend just won another race" she nudged me smiling. It was a pretty easy race for him. Max had to retire with engine issues so there was no one who was really challenging him.

Christian walked from the pitwall back to the garage. He was shaking his head. I hated the fact that I couldn't be there with Lando to celebrate his win.
I would definitely be easier if I worked for Mclaren but I didn't want to leave Max. He fired Miles for me and got us back together. I wouldn't be right to leave him. It wouldn't be right at all.

Lando 🧡 :

Sorry that I can't be there baby
But I love you and I'm so proud
I will stop by your drivers room asap

He was probably celebrating with his team right now.  Max was analyzing his data in the garage. He was leaning on the table as he was staring at the laptop. I put my phone away and looked over his shoulder, he was looking at the difference in time between him and Lando.
"Hey are you okay?" I softly said as I put my hand on his shoulder. He nodded. "Just looking at the data. Even if the engine didn't blow up, I wouldn't have won. Lando had so much more pace" he pointed at the time difference between them. I shook my head as I looked at it.
"Your wing just wasn't adjusted properly" he quickly looked at me. "You think?" I nodded confidently. "I know for sure" he quickly turned back at his data. He was probably thinking about what I just said. "You should attend the next engineer meeting, you can do more than just our social media" Maybe he was right, but Lando wouldn't like that at all. It would mean that I would help them to beat him.
I definitely had to talk to him about it as soon as possible.