20.

Skye's POV

It has been a couple of days since Lando returned back home. Max and Lando both took amazing care of me, they were gentle and sweet. Lando cuddled me every night but we never really talked about it.
There was definitely some distance between us.
It wasn't his fault but I knew he was blaming himself. Most of the times, he couldn't even look me in the eyes.

I walked downstairs, Max was standing in the kitchen and he immediately smiled as he saw me.
"Morning, how did you sleep?" I sat down on the counter and I was trying to smile. "It was okay, where is Lando though?" I looked around. I didn't hear or see him anywhere. "He went to MTC, Zak called him earlier this morning"
I nodded. He went straight back to work, maybe it didn't bother him that much. He wasn't ready for it in the first place and I saw how he was celebrating his win in Miami.
I expected him to atleast skip his interviews but he didn't. He was just smiling and making jokes while I was crying in bed.

"I am gonna pack my suitcase" I said as I jumped off the counter. "Are you sure you don't want to take a few more days?" I nodded.
It was cute of him to care about me, but I was ready to go back to work. I had to and it would take my mind off things.
"I will be fine Max, Lando and you will be there and I don't wanna be alone in this house" Max already planned to join Lando in Spain and I knew he would stay with me if I didn't go and that's something I didn't want. I wanted him to have fun, I knew how much he was looking forward to that.

————————

A few days later Lando and I were walking through the paddock together. He was holding my hand so tightly.
He didn't want to let go but unfortunately we had to.
We were standing in front of the Red Bull hospitality. "Call me if you need me okay?" I nodded and he quickly kissed my cheek.

I knew everyone would have heard the news by now and I was praying no one would make it awkward.
I walked in the hospitality. Everyone immediately looked at me.
I quickly walked to a familiar face, it was Kelly. I was so happy she was here. "Oh Skye, I'm so sorry. If you need anything, please let me know" she immediately pulled me into a hug. "Thank you Kelly, maybe another girlsnight would do me good?" She nodded and grabbed her phone.
"Say no more, I'll fix that" I chuckled. It was the first time I smiled again.

I grabbed a Red Bull and walked to Miles. He was sitting alone staring at his laptop. I sat down in front of him, he looked surprised to see me. "Skye, hi how are you doing?" He looked up from his laptop. I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm okay, but you seem stuck on something" I pointed at his laptop. He chuckled a little. "It's been hard without you, I guess I need you" our eyes met for a few seconds. I had to admit that his words did something with me.
"Then I will here by your side. Maybe we can work on it together this evening?" He nodded enthusiastically.

————————

Everyone was really nice to me. It definitely felt like home. I started thinking about this a lot, why was I going to college when I already a fantastic job here?

I walked back in the hospitality after a little walk around the paddock. I sat down next to Miles.
We agreed to work together, we had to come up with ideas for our channels.
I don't know for how long we were working but it was dark already.
I quickly grabbed my phone and texted Lando.

Lando 🧡 :

I am stuck at work
Don't wait up for me

Be safe baby
Call me when u need me

I chuckled as I put my phone down. Yes like when I needed him the most, he was too busy spraying champagne on Max and making jokes with journalists.

"Thank you for helping me with this Skye" Miles put his hand on mine. I looked at him smiling. "I don't know if you're ready but if you wanna talk about everything that happened then I'm here for you" he smiled a little and so did I.
I actually really wanted to talk to someone about it. Lando pushed me away when I tried to talk to him, he was probably scared to say something wrong but it was creating an big distance between us.
"Thank you, you don't know what it means to me" he quickly closed his laptop and looked at me. "Drinks? They're on me" maybe it wasn't a bad idea to go out.
Lando wasn't expecting me to come back soon and I needed some distraction. "Why not"