17.

Lando's POV

"Put on a shirt and please do as Skye told you, behave" Charlotte threw a shirt on me.
I chuckled as I put the shirt on and got up. "I always behave Charlotte you know that" she shook her head. I loved to get on her nerves.
Maybe I didn't give all the right answers during interviews but I didn't care. I guess people liked me because of that.

I walked with Charlotte to the media pen. I was happy Zak called her to be my PR manager again but I was sure he did that because he didn't trust me enough to give mature answers.
I looked at my phone and rolled my eyes, Imani was stalking my messages again. She was doing that since I won my first race, which I obviously ignored but it was getting annoying right now.

@Imanii: congratulations on your first win
@Imanii: I miss you so much
@Imanii: can we just be friends please?
@Imanii: please talk to me
@Imanii: please Lando

"Wow Skye is missing you a lot" Charlotte laughed as she pointed at my phone. "You really think I would ignore her like this?" I scrolled through the conversation to show her I actually never replied.
"So who is she?" I realized she actually never met her. "She was my PR manager but she made up stories to ruin my relationship with Skye" she nodded as I was explaining the story.
"Zak told me the story, it's definitely better to ignore her" yes that was exactly what I was doing.
"You see? I can make mature decisions"
I nudged her as I walked to the first journalist. I saw how she quickly rolled her eyes at my comment.

I leaned on the barriers that were standing between me and the journalist. "Lando, congratulations on P2. How are you feeling?" She asked and I smiled. "Thank you, I'm feeling really good. Everything is falling in place right now" she smiled as well. Some journalists actually wanted the best for us instead of causing drama.
"And how do you feel about battling Max for the championship?" I sighed, I didn't really know how to reply to that.
"Max is a good friend so it's fun to battle him on track" I smiled as I felt a hand on my back. I quickly turned around and saw Max standing behind me. "Yes it's a lot of fun to battle this one, but I'll still win" I rolled my eyes and pushed him away. "We'll see about that" we both laughed.
It was nice that we could still laugh with each other even though we were battling on track.

I was walking with Max back to the hospitality. "So will Skye be back in Miami?" I laughed. He really missed her and so did I.
"No, she will be back in Spain though" I saw him roll his eyes which made me laugh even harder.
"Is Miles not a good replacement?" He shook his head. "He keeps asking unnecessary questions, it's annoying" we stopped in front of the Red Bull hospitality. "What kind of questions?" He shrugged his shoulders and patted my back. "Don't worry, I'll see you in Miami" he said as he walked inside his hospitality.

I was packing my bag, I didn't have time to make a quick stop in England, we needed to go Miami as soon as possible.
I quickly called Skye, I wanted to talk to her before I had to get on a plane but she didn't answer.
It was weird but maybe she was sleeping already.

Skye 🧡 :

Hi baby
I tried calling but you're probably asleep
I will be on a plane for a long time
I'll call you when I land
I love you