-52-

Angelo's POV: a month later...

"I have some good news."

"What is it?" I asked and Detective Jefferson opened the folder in front of him.

"Harley has told us everything, and the judge has confirmed all charges against you and Davin will be completely dropped."

I felt complete relief wash over me. Davin sighed in relief beside me and laid his head on my shoulder.

"We're both really happy and relieved, but why did the judge drop the charges?" I asked.

"Over the past few weeks, Harley has persuaded us and told us that you and Davin were completely innocent in this. He told us the full story and because of your friend, Kaiden, we were able to gather all evidence that was available to us to determine that you and Davin are in fact innocent. William, or Ryan, was charged with sexual assault, kidnapping for sexual offenses, domestic abuse and violence, harassment, and for reporting a false report to emergency services, but they were dropped as well since he was killed by law officials." Jefferson read off the paper and flicked through a few pages. "As of February twenty-second, Angelo Romano and Davin Bell are proved to be innocent and all charges have been completely dropped. That means, you're both being let go today."

I rubbed my face with another sigh. It felt good hearing we were finally freed.

"What about Henry?" Davin asked.

"He confessed about contacting Ryan in a very...smart and creative way. He confessed and told us that he did in fact know where Ryan was keeping Harley. Henry knew what Ryan was doing to Harley, so he also knew that Ryan was planning a murder-suicide. We're in the process of confirming a date for his trial." He explained and we nodded.

"Do you have any other questions?" Jefferson asked us.

"Not right now. I think we're in shock to find out that we're finally free..." I trailed off and Jefferson smiled.

"You both got your justice. It's expected to be in shock." He got up and held his hand out, so Davin and I stood up and firmly shook his hand.

"Thank you, Detective Jefferson." Davin and I thanked him, watching his smile broaden.

"Of course. It's my job to help people. If you have any other questions, you can call me."

Davin and I nodded and we watched Detective Jefferson walk over to the guard and tell him something. He turned around and waved, finally walking out of the visiting room.

Two guards came over and led Davin and I outside and back to our pod. "Grab all of your stuff."

"What's up, guys? Any news?" Cody came up to us with a smile.

"We're free." It felt weird to say it, but I still couldn't believe it. "We just came back to grab our stuff, then we're out of here."

"Lucky!" He jokingly pouted, then gave us a soft smile. "But it's good that you both finally get to go home."

I nodded. "Well, Davin and I are going to pack our stuff and leave."

We walked away to our room in the pod and Davin and I wasted no time throwing our stuff into our paper bag. Once the bedroom was empty, we walked out and stopped in front of the table, dropping all of our snacks and commissary on the table.

Henry was the first to reach over to grab something, but I slapped his hand away and scowled at him. "You, I really do hope you rot in hell. I really thought you were innocent, but I guess not."

He didn't say anything, so I turned to the rest of the table. "The rest of you, it was nice meeting you even if Davin and I kept to ourselves. You can have all of our commissary since we won't be needing it anymore."