-48-

Davin's POV:

"What the hell do you mean he's been gone for twenty-four fucking hours?!" Angelo yelled at Detective Jefferson through the holding cell. "Did your colleague not watch Harley walk through the front door?! Did he just drop Harley at the house and drive off?!"

"Look, it's not our fault, alright? Even if he did watch Harley walk through the front door, Ryan could've kidnapped Harley once he was inside and my guy was gone." Jefferson explained.

"Still! Harley should've been walked to the fucking door at the very least!" Angelo tried to reach through the cell to grab Jefferson, but one of the guards yelled at Angelo with a taser gun to get back.

"A-Angelo...please calm down." I reached for his hand and he scoffed.

"You guys can fuck off now. Stop wasting your time being here and go look for Harley." Angelo turned away and sat beside me. "Useless fucking bastards."

"They can hear-"

"And I don't give a shit, ok?" Angelo pulled his hand away and leaned his head on his hands. "I don't care if they hear me. They can kill me once I know Harley is safe if they want."

I stayed silent and stared at the floor.

It had been an entire day and we were still in a small holding cell, but we were getting ready to be taken to jail in a few minutes. Once we went there, who knows if Angelo and I would see each other again for a long time.

I got up and walked over to the wall phone, but then I sighed since I didn't have a coin. "Um, excuse me? Do you have a quarter? I need to call a friend before we leave."

The guard eyed me, but handed me two quarters.

"Thank you, sir." I gave him a tired smile and walked to the phone.

"Who are you calling?" I heard Angelo ask.

"They never told us if they called Kaiden to let him know what was happening or not. I just want to call him once more before we leave..." I slid the quarter into the slot and punched in Kaiden's phone number.

The phone rang a few times, then I heard Kaiden's voice. "Who is this?"

"Kaiden, it's Davin."

"Davin? Why are you calling me through this number?"

"Um, it's hard to explain, but Angelo and I are in jail. We were falsely accused of domestic violence and rape even though we didn't do anything wrong to hurt Harley in any way...and...and Harley-" I felt a lump form in my throat but held it back. "Harley was taken by Ryan. He's never told you about Ryan, but he's an abusive ex of Harley's and Angelo and I are sure that he was taken by him a day ago."

I saw a group of men walk to the cell and begin to unlock the cell's door. "Look, we really don't have much time left, but come to the city department and ask for Detective Jefferson. Tell him you're our close friend and he'll explain the situation. Angelo and I will be in jail to wait for trial while Jefferson puts together a case, but ask him what you need to do to help free us, I'll pay you back once we're out. Also, please try looking for Harley as well. Angelo says he has hidden cameras outside of his house. Check his computer for footage or something."

"Wait! I don't know the password. Davin, hold on—!"

"It's the date the dungeon first opened. Look for the footage so you can find Harley and bring it here."

"Davin, let's go." I glanced back at the guard.

"I have to go, Kaiden. Don't worry about Angelo and I, just please look for Harley first. Deal with us later, please!" I hung up and put the phone back in place.