-26-

Davin's POV:

It's been a few days since I confessed to Harley that I liked him and I've really enjoyed my time with him. Angelo wasn't mad at me anymore, but things were definitely not like how they used to be. He was giving Harley and I our time together, but he'd sort of just disappear for a few hours out of the day.

Whenever I would talk with Angelo, he'd just give me a short response, then try to get out of the room as quickly as possible. He's basically distanced himself from me, so now it has me thinking that he's not really ok with Harley and I being together.

Right now, Harley and I were out on a mini date which was a simple picnic at a park. I made us some pulled pork sandwiches with mozzarella cheese and grilled onions. I brought us some drinks and a dessert for us to share afterwards.

"Mm," Harley moaned when he took a bite of the sandwich and he quickly wiped his mouth. "Davin, this is super good!"

"I'm glad you like it, Harley." I kissed his cheek and he blushed.

We ate as we watched some kids play on the playground. We were seated on a very small hill and were laying on top of a blanket. I pulled out the drinks, which was just some simple green iced-tea and I waited for Harley to finish his food.

"What are we eating for dessert?" Harley tried peeking inside the bag, but I grabbed it before he could see, making him whine. "I want to see, Davin!"

"Just wait, Harley." I looked inside the bag and pulled out the glass container containing the small sweet treats. "Do you like carrot cake?"

"Yes." He quickly nodded and peeked in the container. "Is it carrot cake?!"

"Sort of." I picked up one of the small cups and held it up for Harley to see. "It's a carrot cake cookie cup. It has cream cheese in the middle."

"Ooh!" He stared at the two inch-sized treat in my hand, then looked at me. "Can I have one, Davin?"

"Of course." I peeled the paper cup back and Harley took the whole thing into his mouth, sitting back on his ankles and chewing slowly.

He hummed loudly and sat down on his bottom. "It's not too sweet and it's super tasty. Can I have more?"

I smiled and leaned over to peck his lips. "Here."

I set the container between us and he quickly grabbed one. I grabbed my own and popped the small cookie in my mouth after taking off the paper cup.

We enjoyed dessert and there were a few cookies left behind, but we were stuffed. I put everything away in the bag and Harley sighed as he stared up at the orange sky.

"I can't move."

I brushed his hair to the side. "Because you ate too many cookies, Harley."

"Mhm," he leaned into my hand and moved closer to me. "Can we play a game?"

"I thought you couldn't move?"

"I can, but not that much." He sat up and hugged my shoulders. "So can we, please?"

I nodded and he smiled. "Yes! Let's play hide and seek."

"Alright, I'll put the stuff away in the car, and you can go hide, alright? Do not go far. I don't want you getting lost." I kissed his cheek, then helped him up. "Go hide, Harley."

"Ok."

I watched him slowly jog away and chuckled to myself, grabbing the blanket and bag, and heading to my car. I threw the stuff in the back and gave Harley another minute to hide.