-49-

Angelo's POV:

"Nah, I was accused of raping and hitting my..." I trailed off, then rubbed my head, "uh...my girlfriend. I didn't actually do it, though."

"Wow," the skinny guy, whose name I still didn't know, popped a chip into his mouth, "but why were you accused of it?"

"Um...her ex boyfriend made an anonymous call to the police, but..." I trailed off again and sighed. "I don't know, it's just a big mess and the detective that we're working with ended up getting proof that makes us seem guilty, but we're really not."

"What kind of proof?" The man was a bit too nosy, but I didn't mind too much.

"They received a video from the anonymous caller, and the caller also reported that my girlfriend had marks on her body. I'm not going to lie, she does have marks and they're from me but it was...consensual." I looked down at my lap, but could feel the intense stare from the stranger.

"Ah...you're one of them little freaky-in-bed-people, huh? Then I guess I understand why it would look bad." He shrugged, then walked away as he ate his chips.

I furrowed my brows, but stayed on my bunk. It had been a few hours since I joined the pod and the skinny guy was the sixth person to ask why I was in here for.

The pod was full of men and surprisingly very spacious. I was sleeping on the top bunk under the stairs. My bag of stuff was under my pillow and I had been simply sitting in my bunk doing nothing the past five hours or so.

I wanted to talk with or see someone that was familiar to me, but I didn't remember any of my friends' number. I hoped Davin was doing ok in his pod, and I could tell that he was really upset about having to be in a different pod from me.

I didn't look up when the door to the entire pod opened up.

"Angelo Romano?! Pack your stuff, your changing pods!" The tall female guard looked around and I quickly grabbed my stuff, then followed the lady out.

"Why am I being switched to a different pod?" I asked as I followed her down a different hall.

"Well, we've just been told by Detective Jefferson that you're in a relationship with Davin Bell, which causes problems for you both. Being gay in a pod full of men will bring many problems for you both, so we're switching you to a pod where men are similar to you and your boyfriend." She glanced back at me. "Your boyfriend was sent to the infirmary a few hours ago."

"What?!" I stopped walking and pulled at my hair with my left hand. "I knew something bad would happen. I just knew it!"

"He got into a fight, but he's ok now. The nurse checked him and said he's got a minor concussion. He did bleed a little on the back of his head, but it stopped a while ago. He's resting at the infirmary for a few more hours, then he'll be transferred to the same pod as you after dinner's handed out. You'll be able to see him in a couple hours." She explained, and I nodded, immediately feeling some type of relief that I would at least be able to have Davin by my side while we were here.

We walked for a few more minutes, then the lady stopped in front of a metal door.

"Alright!" She unlocked the door and opened it for me, giving me a sly smirk. "Welcome to pod E-twenty-six. I hope you enjoy your stay here."

I scoffed and walked in.

"Ooh, Miss Jolene, did you bring us a new friend?!"

I watched a tall man run down the stairs from the second floor. He walked up to us with a big smile.

"Yes, I did." The lady chuckled behind me. "He's got a friend coming later so take care of him until then, alright? And tell JJ and Abel not to scare this guy away."