-12-

"This was a lot more fun than that pottery class." Harley said as he linked his arm with mine.

"I know, right?" We had just finished a three hour session at a go-kart place.

When we left the pottery class earlier, we drove around and looked up some fun ideas to do online. Harley wanted to go-kart, so we looked up the nearest places and drove there.

I had originally signed us up to do an hour of riding in case we wanted to go some place else, but we ended up staying there an extra two hours becasue of how fun it was.

Harley and I raced multiple times, and even raced some other people that were there, and just overall had lots of fun. We did get in trouble a few times because we kept purposely crashing into each other, though.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to go for dinner now, then?" I asked him once we were buckled up in the car, and driving out of the parking lot.

"Mm, yeah. I'm getting pretty hungry, but where are we going for dinner?"

"I reserved us a table at a restaurant. You'll see soon."

It took almost an hour to drive to the restaurant, but when we hopped out of the car, Harley looked at me. "Aren't we supposed to dress all fancy and nice to eat here?"

"Yeah, but who cares. I paid for the reservation." I smirked and he returned it.

"I like your energy, Angelo." This time, instead of linking arms with me, he linked our fingers together and moved closer to my side.

My face got hot and I led him to the entrance of the restaurant, letting him go in first before following him. When we looked around, we immediately stood out.

All the other customers had on nice and fancy clothing, while we looked like we were heading to a cheap buffet but got lost on our way there. Some people even blatantly stared at us and whispered to whoever they came here with, but we ignored them and walked to the front desk.

The man in a fancy waiter's suit smiled at us, but gave us a quick glance at our clothes. "Welcome to the Blue Platter. May I please have your name that you used to reserve with us?"

"Angelo Romano. I got a table at seven this evening." I replied, and the man nodded, scrolling on the screen in front of him.

"Ok, Henry will be your waiter for tonight."

A man stepped forward with two menus and slightly bowed. "I'm Henry. Please follow me this way."

Harley and I followed behind the slim man to a small round table near the left corner in the back. We sat down across from each other and Henry placed the menus in front of us, bowing again.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to take your drink orders, Sirs."

We nodded and he left. I opened the menu and went to the back to the beverage section, scanning through the list before making up my mind.

"Do you know what you want, Harley?"

"Mm, I might just get passion fruit iced-tea." He nodded, then flipped through the book, but gasped. "Can we get appetizers, please?"

"Of course. You can choose whatever you want, doesn't matter how much it costs." I went to the list for the main courses and hummed.

Henry came by and he took our drink orders and whatever Harley chose for appetizers. I went with a black iced-tea and continued to look through the menu.

"Ooh, I think I'm going to go with the duck breast with pomegranate-citrus glaze." Harley showed me the picture for the meal and I nodded.

"That looks good. I'm going with the parmesan-risotto with roasted shrimp."