Epilogue

Said I'm just tryna swim in something wetter than the ocean. Faded off a double cup, I'm mixing up the potion ~ The Weeknd

"WHOO VICTOR BABY LETS GO," I cheered from my small seat in the stadium. The place was packed with die-hard friends screaming players' names. He and his team had just scored a goal effortlessly. It was a home game and they were in the lead. I had flown out from Harrisonburg down to L.A. to see Victor.

"Nice jersey," the girl from beside me shouted over the cheers, "where'd you get it from?"

I grinned, pulling down the shirt with Victor's number and last name on the back. My curly hair which used to reach my waist now sat at my bra strap, covering a part of his name.  "My boyfriend gave it to me," I nodded over to the dark-haired soccer player on the field.

Her eyes got as wide as saucers, "your Victor's girl? Damn, you bagged a pretty one." she blew out a breath of air looking in his direction. He was running to the sidelines from the center of the field.

Ever since he was scouted for the team, he was in the gym twice the amount of time as when he was in high school. His muscles bulged and tensed under his shirt as he placed his hands on his hips and breathed heavily.

I fanned myself with my hand from watching him just exist, "yes I did." I made sure to cop a ticket a bit farther from the field so I could surprise him at the end of the game.

His team ended up winning and I got the privilege of seeing a smile grace his face. He turned to the crowd, scanning the fans, his eyes stopping on me. I waved my hand, a smile curling on my lips. Oops looks like I've been caught.

He was shocked but recovered quickly and pointed a long finger in my direction and curled it back. "Ooh girl, he's calling you to the front!" The girl beside me shouted excitedly. "I think you should go now before he jumps through the crowd."

I laughed and made my way down the steps of the bleachers and found myself at the fence where Victor awaited. "How'd you spot me?" I grinned. His hair was damp and there was sweat dripping down the side of his face.

He smirked like it was the easiest thing in the world, "I can spot you out in any crowd Aniya. Why didn't you tell me you were coming, I could have gotten you a better seat."

I shrugged my shoulders, holding onto the rail, "I wanted to surprise you."

"Did you drive here?" he asked, leaning his weight on the thin barrier between us.

I looked down at the small space between us, biting my lip. "Nope, I wanted to go home with you so I just got dropped off by a friend."

His eyebrows raised and a certain gleam filled his eyes, "that can be arranged. I have to grab my things but I'll meet you in the lobby, just wait by the door."

"Okay," I chirped, making a move to leave when he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"Wait," he said, spinning me around before kissing me softly. My eyes fluttered closed when our lips connected, the audience behind us fading away. "Ok, now you may go." He let go of my arm and jumped back down onto the ground.

The screams reappeared and I remembered where I was again. I couldn't stop the heat rising in my cheeks as I made my way to the exit.