Chapter 39

Cause I thought it was over. Got me thinkin' my feelings over. You keep doin' it over and over
You keep callin' me back  ~ Lucky Daye

"I thought girls were supposed to be smart," Nico stuck out his tongue. He looked down at the mess I made on the floor.

In panic of not sitting next to Victor I made it my mission to find a seat away from him. We were at my mom's restaurant for a Saturday lunch.

Victor sat down in the booth beside me. I got up to cross the other side when Val walked in with a huge order of nachos. I crashed into her, meat and shells flying everywhere.

I groaned looking at my top soaked in cheese. Val groaned, rubbing her head. Somehow all she ended up with was a sore rump.

I smacked my forehead, shaking my head. Kendall gasped, locking her hands under my arms. Helping me to my feet. Victor gets out and helps Val stand to hers.

I could feel shocked and amused stares on my chest decorated with food. Why must I always have an audience to my embarrassment. I should seriously have a list at this point.

"Hush, Nico," Kendall hissed at her son. She grabbed a few napkins and wiped off my top. I grimaced as the meat fell off but cheese stayed.

"Victor there should be an extra shirt in the car, go get it," Kendall frowned. She continued to dab at my chest.

Victor nodded, sliding out of his seat and stepping past me. I sent a glare at his back as he left the front doors.

A few minutes later, and he still wasn't back. Kendall sighed frustratedly, "where is that damn boy with the shirt?" She paused to look at the doors.

He has been out there for a while. I wondered what was taking so long as well. I put her hand down gently, "it's ok I'll go see," I sighed.

I left the restaurant's double doors and turned to the large parking lot. Where the car was parked in the far corner. "Yo, what's taking so long!" I yelled over to him on my way there.

He held the black colored shirt like a flag and waved it in the air. I snatched it from him, which only made him chuckle. "Didn't know it took so long to get me a shirt. Thanks a lot," I grumbled.

I took my shirt off, not afraid of any peering eyes, the car shielded me. I looked down at my chest and groaned, the sauce had bled through the shirt I'm sure from Kendall's constant dabbing.

Victor raised his eyebrows, and opened the front door. He reached into the closed department of the passenger's seat and pulled out some wet wipes.

The hot sun wasn't doing me any justice, I felt the cheese start to bubble on my skin. Yes it was that hot. I moved to take the wipes from him but he pulled his hand back.

I huffed letting him wipe me off. I let out a small breath as the cool wipe touched my hot skin. With great focus he wiped the rest of the sauce off.

"Why did you move away from me," he asked. I looked up at him, underneath his sunglasses. He looked up as well, his eyes blocked from my view.

My breath hitched in my throat as his thumb ran over my skin slightly. "You know why I moved," I bit out. I was still salty about him leaving me all hot and bothered while sitting at the dining room table. All week I avoided sitting next to him.

"Do I?" He asked teasingly.

I rolled my eyes, looking anywhere but him. He rolled the shirt up to put my arms in. "I can put on the shirt myself," I tried to reach for it.