Chapter 50

I can not love everybody
But you isn't anybody
You look at me different
So I let you see my body ~ SZA

"Whatever you hear or whatever happens, don't say a word," Vic instructs me as we sit off the side of the road in the middle of the misty night.

My eyebrows knitted in confusion, "I don't understand, why shouldn't I say anything?"

He sighs his chest heaving up and down. He dropped his hands from the steering wheel, clenching them in a fist. "It's complicated...just don't respond to anything she says."

My eyebrows shot up to my hairline, "she?" I jerked my head back. "Victor fucking Simone, you better not be speaking of who I think it is," I seethed.

He stared straight ahead, not even acknowledging what I said. I opened my mouth to speak again but a knock on the glass window made me jump. He unlocked the car door, the mechanic clicked briefly filling the air.

My eyes narrowed as I put my focus on Victor who wouldn't even look at me. The back door opened and closed smoothly. "What's she doing here," that obnoxious voice entered the apprehensive atmosphere.

My jaw dropped subtly, he did.

Victor took another deep breath in, taking a hand through his hair. "Don't worry about it."

I closed my mouth, shifting in my seat to face her. Surprisingly I didn't recognize her at first based on looks if it wasn't for her voice.

Her long blonde hair which cascaded down her back was cut short to her shoulders and dyed brown. Her eyes glowed blue instead of green and for a perfect measure she had a beauty mark right beside the corner of her lips.

Her red-painted lips spread into a wide smile, "Hi Aniya, missed me?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, she has some nerve. Victor glanced over at me, shaking his head. This action however only flared my agitation. I rolled my eyes, turning back to the front.

She leaned forward, grabbing onto the backs of both of our seats, "so are we going to move or just sit here staring at each other."

Victor put the car in drive and stepped on a gas pedal with a little force, sending her back to the seats. "Should have worn a seatbelt," he mumbled as we rejoined the road.

She whined, strapping herself in. "Turn right on the next turn," she muttered. The rest of the way she gave us directions to who knows where.

"So...how does it feel to have your boyfriend choose me over you." She said as we pulled up to a worn-out house. The roof was tattered and black marks stained the outside of the building.

I ignored her, I couldn't fathom words to come out of my mouth at the moment. I looked back at Victor who ignored her as well.

"Hey, I'm talking to you," her hand reached for my shoulder.

Vic reacted quickly, gripping her wrist tightly. "Don't. Touch. Her." He stated clearly. He threw her hand down, a look of hurt crossing her features.

Vic turned off the engine, grabbed his keys, and left the car. "Let's go." I followed out after him, pulling my jacket closer to my body as the wind picked up.

She walked in front of us and unlocked the door to the small house. She left the door open, the smell of cinnamon and dog pee emitting from the room.

I frowned, scrunching my nose. Victor stood straight, his face blank of emotion, something he does that often caused chills to run through my body.