Chapter 13

All the rumors are true ~ Lizzo

A gentle rain fell from the treetops showering Earth's crumbling nature. The fertile ground stood still as rabbits and squirrels scurried out of the wind, seeking shelter. Dawn had already set and a little boy was left, standing alone in the rain. He stood in silence, staring up at the beautiful blue moon.

"What are you doing out here?" A little girl asked, peeking from behind the bush. She had been playing by herself in the woods when the sky began to cry. She joined the little boy and sat beside him on a sturdy rock.

"They told me to go." The boy responded, keeping his intent gaze on the moon.

The girl's large eyes widen in confusion, her eyebrows furrowing. "Go where?" she pondered, wrapping her arms around herself.

The boy turned around, grey murky eyes set upon her. "To find you."

*Gasp* I sat up in my bed. My heart beats loudly in my chest, and my throat hurts. I take a big inhale and cough as I let the air out. My eyes roll over to my alarm clock. The clock read 4 am. I coughed some more and jumped out of bed.

I made my way down to the kitchen deciding to not be lazy and take the stairs. I rubbed my eyes tiredly as I filled my glass up with the water from the fridge.

"Can't sleep?" a soft voice said from behind me.

I spun around, almost dropping my glass. Victor stood opposite of me leaning on the counter behind him. "Jesus, you can't just scare a girl like that at four in the morning jackass." I glared.

He shrugged, moving away from me and taking a seat at the island. He had a cup of tea placed next to an open book, laid out on the counter.

"Do you ever use your phone like a normal person?" I squinted, my eyes traveling along the steam rising from his cup. I took a sip of my water, quenching my parched throat.

"I have a phone," he replied, taking a sip from his mug.

"I know that," I sighed, placing my drink down as well. "Why are you up so early anyway?"

He took another sip and delicately turned a page in his book. "Can't sleep."

I groaned, placing my head on the table. I looked back up at him as he silently read. I wonder how many books he's read so far. Must be at least a million. "I never got to say thank you for the other day... you know, for stepping in at the hotel."

Silence.

I blinked, not sure if he heard me. "I said thank you, can you not hear?"

"Don't pick up random dogs next time," he says, flipping another page.

I scoff picking my glass up to refill again. As I waited for the slowest water dispenser on earth to fill my cup, I heard the scraping of Victor's chair. I assumed he was finished and going back to bed so I paid him no mind.

I was definitely not expecting to feel his presence behind me again. I tensed as my shoulder came in contact with his chest. My mouth dropped slightly as he reached over me and wrapped his long fingers around the refrigerator door handle. I stared up at him awestruck.

He grabbed an orange and closed the door. He backed off and brought his attention down to me. His hair moved slightly so that it was in his eyes and it almost took my breath away. "The water, Aniya. It's spilling."

"Huh," I said dumbfounded. I then felt the cold water wetting my hands. "Oh shit!" I quickly moved the cup out of the way and cursed at all the water on the floor. I frowned, pushing Victor out of the way and making my way to the paper towels.