Chapter 20

Are we too young for this? ~ The Neighborhood

"I'm not running from anything." Victor's voice ran through my head the rest of the games. After a couple of hours of beating blue teams butt we got a call that it was time to come back.

I walked behind Isa and Natalia as we exited the building. Nico sat on Victor's shoulders, the boys surrounded him, cheering him on.

"Aniya?" Called Isa, she ran her fingers through the tips of her hair.

"Yes," I hummed.

"Are you and Nico's brother dating?" She asked with a confused smile on her face.

Natalia gasped, her nose scrunching. "Why would you ask that Isa? You can't just ask people those questions." She scolded her friend.

"But I wanted to know," Isa whined.

I laughed at the two banter. "Stop it girls, it's ok. No, Victor and I are not dating."

"Oh," Isa released.

Natalia slid her eyes to her suspiciously. "You're being weird."

Isa's mouth dropped, " how am I being weird. You're weird, you eat pineapple on your pizza." She pointed a finger.

"Because it's good," she retorted back. I sighed as I ushered them into the car. They continued bickering and buckled themselves in.

"Can you please make them stop," Dallas looked at me hopelessly.

I looked back at the girls just talking in the back. "I don't think I can." We both turned back to them and shook our heads.

Nico climbed to the back and sat himself between the two of them. "Stop arguing, it's my birthday. I don't like when you guys argue."

The girls stopped and looked at Nico. They both wrapped their hands around him, "we're sorry Nico."

I awed at the trio. When it seemed peaceful enough I closed the door and joined Victor in the front. He sat in the driver's seat, his head leaning against the headrest, eyes closed.

"You ok?" He opened his eyes, nodded his head, and put the car in reverse.

When we reached the house we all got out and walked inside. I walked in last with Nico like Kendall told me to.

Little feet patted on the marble floor. "Uh where is everyone?" Nico scratched his head. The rest of the kids stopped too, looking around.

I then too started to notice that no one was here. I thought at any second someone was going to jump out of nowhere and surprise us but it never happened.

"Victor, where is everyone," I whispered to him.

He pulled out his phone and put it to his ear. "I'm calling mom," he announced. I shooed all the kids to the living room as the phone rang on speaker.

After the second ring Kendall picked up. "Where are you guys," she immediately said.

My eyebrows furrowed, "we're at the house like you told us to go. Where are you?"

There was a long silence on the phone before Kendall cursed. "Aw man, I forgot to tell you the change in plans."

"Change in plans?" Victor said.