Chapter 11

Pacify her
She's getting on my nerves You don't love her
Stop lying with those words ~ Melanie Martinez

I think the adrenaline pumping through my veins gave out as soon as we sat down at the restaurant's table. We sat at a lovely table for six. Upbeat music played throughout the room setting a lively mood.

Lilly blabbered to Bryant as soon as we sat down. Bryant leveled his eyes playfully as she continued to drown out his left ear. Quinn entered into a conversation with Victor. I kept my eyes on those two in case Quinn says anything embarrassing about me. Dinner went smoothly otherwise.

I laughed quietly at the conversation between Lilly, Declan, and Bryant. Lilly and Declan fought as always over something stupid. Bryant interjected with a random saying confusing the two every now and then.

When our delicious meals arrived Lilly teased me about always getting chicken tenders even at a nice restaurant. To that I scowled at her; the heat rising up the side of my neck. I told her to mind her own and continued eating my food.

You can never go wrong with chicken tenders.

After dinner, we were told to go back to the bus we first went in, and Quinn, Victor, and I parted ways with Declan, Bryant, and Lilly. The ride to the resort was silent as everyone was exhausted from the labor performed today.

I yawned sleepily when the bus came to a stop. The teachers promptly dismissed each row one by one. When it was our turn to leave, I stood up and bent over to grab my bag.

My back bumped against something hard as I stood straight. I blushed as I instantly realized it was Victor's chest. "Sorry," I hastily said stepping out to the aisle. Victor didn't say anything following after me.

After grabbing my luggage, I caught up with Quinn and walked into the lobby with her. Blue light glowed from inside the white interior of the lobby. Black and white leather couches we scattered around the room. Coffee tables were placed in the center with decorative lanterns as centerpieces.

No wonder this trip cost so much; most of it was going to the resort.

A lady in her navy uniform sat behind the desk. Her hand gripped a pen in her hand as she scribbled something down on a piece of paper.
I sat down on one of the couches as the teachers went to check us in. Another desk was beside hers and on the other side sat identical desks next to each other. I blew a puff of air as I took in the entryway. One thing I'm gratified about is signing up for a room with Lilly and Quinn.

At least I got that part right.

Lilly joined us later and soon our names were called. Mrs. Darby gave us our room keys, and we happily left for our room. I poked the inside of my cheek with my tongue as we entered the elevator to floor three.

Once we reached our room, I collapsed on one of the made beds. I heard a slight giggle from across the room as my heavy eyelids shut.

"Aniya, wake up." My shoulders shook violently.

I jerked in my sleep sitting upwards. Lilly hovered, her legs straddling mine. She was not dressed in her school clothes anymore. A red top with lace along the V neck, paired with light blue jeans and some hoop earrings. Her hair was slicked back into a low ponytail that went to her shoulders.

I gently rubbed my eyes. "Why are you so dressed up?" Her eyes widened as she backed away from the bed. She put her hand on her hip and pursed her lips.

"You don't remember? The teachers arranged to reserve a party room for us."

I squinted and blinked a few times. "Party?"