Chapter 3

I like you, I like you, I like you ~ Niki

The next morning I walked into my closet and picked out a red and black plaid skirt and black crop top. I sat in front of my vanity mirror and did my hair collecting it into a puff and laid my edges.

I picked up my bag and walked down the stairs almost bumping into Kendall.

"Oops," she said. "Sorry dear I gotta head to work but breakfast is in the dining room and Victor is gonna take you to school," she quickly kissed me on the cheek and sauntered out the door.

I made my way to the dining room where Cora, Nico, and Victor sat. Cora was typing on her phone giggling every few seconds and Nico was busy devouring the pancakes on his plates.

"Good morning," I chirped, sitting down in the seat beside Cora. She looked up at me responding with a smile. I took a piece of toast from the center of the table and spread some strawberry jam on it. I grabbed a few pieces of bacon and put two pancakes on my plate.

When I looked up from my plate, Victor was staring at me again. I raised an eyebrow, stuffing my face with another piece of toast.

"Do you always eat like that?" he tilted his head, curiosity in his eyes. I looked down at his plate, it was spotless.

I licked the corner of my mouth looking up at him. "Do you? You barely have anything on your plate," I gestured to him.

"That's because I already ate, I'm only here because mom told me to take you to school." he crossed his arms leaning back in his seat. "Can you hurry up? I got to drop Nico off too."

"Yea, yea," I took a bite of my bacon. "Give me a minute."

For the next five minutes, I did what I had to do and scarfed down all the food I put on my plate. When I was done, I stood up grabbing another piece of toast and picked my bag up. "We can go now."

Victor stood up and Nico naturally followed, slinging his spiderman backpack over his shoulder.

"Bye Cora," I waved.

She looked up from her phone waving back. "Bye Aniya, I'll see you later."

"Don't forget to go to the bus stop. I don't want to get another call from you telling me you missed it," Victor said pushing his chair in.

Cora mindlessly nodded, continuing to type on her phone. Victor rolled his eyes walking out the dining room. I followed them to the garage and climbed in the front while Nico climbed in the back.

Victor backed out and I turned to the window putting my earbuds in. It was pleasant this morning and the sun passed through the glass shining a mellow light on my face. I closed my eyes listening to my morning playlist.

"Aniya."

I opened my eyes, turning to Victor who was looking at me with visible annoyance. "We're here." I looked in the back and saw Nico wasn't there anymore.

We were in the school's parking lot behind the school. I yawned while picking up my bag, "Why'd you park so far away?" There are usually a few parking spots left in the front at this time.

He glanced down at my skirt that was riding up my thighs. I hastily pulled them down sitting up in my seat.

"I didn't want people to see us together."

"Why," I smirked and leaned closer. "You don't want people to think we're together."

"No, that's not what I'm worried about." His jaw ticked, and he brought his face closer to mine. "I just don't want people to know we live together ok? So don't tell anyone, or I'll make your life hell." His cold grey eyes did that thing again where I felt like he was piercing my heart, mind, and soul.