Chapter 9

Boy you can go and stop playing games. Playing games. ~ Summer Walker

I unplugged my radio clock and made certain everything was in its place before I turned the lights off.

After a long week of school, it was finally the day we went on the field trip. I made sure I packed everything. My clothes, undergarments, bathing suit, toiletries. But I feel like I'm missing something.

I go back into my closet and gasp when I see my shoes on the floor. That's what I'm missing. A pair of sneakers, flip-flops, and a pair of sandals. I already had a pair of sneakers on but just to be safe I packed it into my case.

When my room seemed decent enough to leave alone for the weekend I extended the handle to my suitcase and strolled to the door.

The school gave us a T-shirt we had to wear that said "Ravenwood's Beach Cleanup." Good thing it was in black, other colors would have stood out. I paired the shirt with some light blue shorts.

The high was in the 90s today. I made sure to carry sunscreen with me. When I opened my door, Victor's door opened too and he came out with a suitcase in his hand. I blink down and then look back up at him.

"You're going on the field trip?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

He lugs his black suitcase behind him and closes the door. "Not like I had a choice."

"Oh," I say. "Well do you want to take the elevator?" I jab a finger down the hall. He looks in that direction and shrugs, grabbing the handle of his case. "Sure."

I beam and grab my suitcase too as we go down the hall. It takes a while for the elevator to get here this time. When we got inside, we had to put the suitcases on one side and stay on the other.

My back pressed against Victor's chest the whole way down. He stood still behind me not saying a word. I could feel my face start to heat; this wasn't exactly the best decision I made in a while. My heartbeat was increasing by the minute.

When we got to the first floor, I quickly grabbed my suitcase and left the tiny room. "Aniya wai-" I turned around scrunching my eyebrows but it was too late. Victor's suitcase fell on the wheel of mine causing me to trip and fall.

A loud thud was made, and Kendall and my mom came running from the dining room. "Oh my gosh," Kendall gasped, moving to help me up. I landed on my side and I think I bumped my head. The suitcase fell on top of me, taping me to the floor.

My mom came over and grabbed my other arm. "Are you okay baby?" she asked, checking for injuries. Victor picked the fallen suitcase up and set it next to his.

I cleared my throat and grabbed the handle off my case in my hand. "Yes. Thank you." I began to walk to the dining room leaving two confused moms behind.

Nico and Cora sat in the dining room like they always do every morning. I said my greetings and sat down in my seat. I piled my plate with food and dug in as Kendall and my mom came in.

Victor strolled in next and set his suitcase beside mine. "You took mine by accident," he says, taking his right one back.

My face flushed and I nodded continuing to munch on my toast. Of course, I had to take the wrong suitcase. I'm so clumsy sometimes.

Kendall and my mom sat by the counter while the rest of us ate at the table.

When it was time to go, I said my goodbyes and hugged my mom. I was about to reach for my car keys when Kendall came up to me. "Hey darling, can you have Victor drive you for today?" she asked.