Chapter 121: The Finally

Aileen "Pistis" Corvius

"Council member?" Annabeth says with a chuckle.

"Hero of Olympus?" I retort back as we walk through Olympus. It was quiet after all that happened no great festival was organized. The Gods are busy with the repairs and letting things settle in. Many changes and promises have been made after all.

"Yeah, I am great, I know. So, when will it happen, dear?"

"We will first go home. After that, we will see. We do not have to rush after all," I answer as we turn around a corner, we saw Hades waiting for us. Her gaze at the starry landscape while sitting on a bench.

"Will you sit for a moment?" Hades asked as she looks at us.

"Sure, we got time."

As we sat, Hades soon let out a sigh. Her gaze was once again directed at the stars. It seems she is tired, but also calmer and most content than I have seen her. The end of this crazy journey has not only been exhausting for the Demigods it seems.

"Hero of Olympus and Goddess of the council. I was surprised, Annabeth, when you came to me with that flimsy piece of parchment. You two will make this family better, but not forever. I hope you two know that when you both live among us," Hades says.

"I know, but we can be voices of reason. It may not always work, but it is worth it if it saves some lives. Wouldn't you say?" Annabeth says.

"I suppose. It does not matter to me. You made many Gods and Demigods grateful for what you made the Gods promise, Annabeth. Unlike me, many will forget the oath eventually. Time will make them forget. That is something I have known ever since I ruled the Underworld."

"Well, luckily I will be able to remind them from time to time. And Annabeth never forgets what has been said. Save to say, but we will make them remember," I say confidently with a chuckle.

"Yes, I am sure you will. Make sure to come to my Palace Aileen, Annabeth. I risked much and have done much for you two. Remember me," Hades says as she stood back up, "For many have forgotten me. Even for those on the Council, I was just a thought in the back of their mind. I may be on the council now, but it will not make them come visit me in the Underworld."

"Are you asking us to come to visit our dear mother from time to time? Have tea? Bicker and laugh about the Gods?" I ask with a laugh. Hades smiles amused, but nods.

"Yes. I do. What I said is true, you are my favorite child I have brought into existence with a human. Even you Annabeth, I love you as if you were my own. I will you see at home then," Hades says before teleporting away.

"I love you too, Hades," Annabeth says softly as she watches the smoke disappear. Her hand even reaches for the ring of Alexandra that endured everything during our long journey.

"Let's go to Camp Half-Blood. We should take care of the last things over there. A new adventure will begin for us both, won't it?"

"An adventure that will last forever."

We continue our walk to the elevator. The glittering buildings and roads filled our surroundings. Every now and then, a Godling walks by or a nature spirit. As we almost reach the elevator, we are met by yet another Goddess. The mother of Annabeth, Athena.

"My daughter, Pistis," she greets us.

"Lady Athena, a happy ending, isn't it?" I say with a smile.

"Happy endings are a rare occurrence. It's why they are reserved for books and tales. I am not certain what kind of ending this is. But frankly, I have not come here to discuss endings and their meaning. So, the newest Council Member and the youngest for that matter. I would like to know what your plans are, Pistis. A friendly question from a fellow Member of the Council."