Chapter 98: Announcing The Return

Bianca di Angelo

I exit the Athena cabin with Calypso and Nico. Annabeth was still in la la land, so we left her resting comfortingly in her bed. Aileen's star is left near her bed so she won't wake up alone. I never expected Annabeth to pass out from extraordinary events. She should be used to it by now, but I guess she reached her limit. Perhaps a reset is needed to remove the accumulated weirdness.

"Geez, is it such a shock to see me? Did she have to pass out?" Calypso asks.

"I think Annabeth has experienced too much and has a lot on her mind. Don't take it personally. Annabeth has seen a lot more than most of us put together. It became a bit too much, I suppose," I explained to her as we walk arm in arm towards the Arena.

"If you say so, I guess we have to go to the arena?"

"Yeah, they're burning your shroud currently. They think you died," Nico answers.

"Dead? Has he no faith in me?"

"Annabeth was kinda right, I guess. We didn't hear anything from you for three weeks. I barely even felt your life force while you were... where ever you were. To be honest, you caused quite the explosion at St. Helens. It was very lucky that you survived," Nico explains further.

"Yeah, Hephaestus showed me. I hope I didn't kill anyone..."

"I think only two persons, but they were foolish enough to go into the area. You know, thrill seekers," Nico says with a shrug.

I sigh deeply. Still, two people lost their life. And how many more would be sick or worse? I damaged people's lives forever. Not only that, Typhon was locked up there. Gods, I hope he is still detained.

"Not to worry, little Bianca. I am sure Apollo will take care of it," Calypso cooed. "He was of one the nicer Gods to come to visit my little island. Bad with poetry, but very nice."

"Really? Bad at poetry? He is the God of Poetry, isn't he?" I say with some surprise.

"I had half a mind to banish him from my island when he spewed his poetry at me. Believe me, my dear Bianca. He is bad at poetry. Even the servants stayed away..."

"If his haiku skills are anything to go by, he very much is," Nico says.

The arena comes close and it doesn't take long before we notice the rather large crowd. Even Zagreus was present as he stood near the entrance far away from the crowd. Perhaps he didn't want to be seen or be among the campers. His face was harder than usual as he sees the fire. I don't think I have ever seen him like this. He is always easygoing, not utter seriousness itself.

"Guess we will have a dramatic entrance!" Calypso says, brimming with excitement to see the people of the camp. I chuckle as I squeeze her arm a bit to make sure she stays grounded. It doesn't take long before we hear the voice of Chiron.

"After such a long absence, we can only assume the worst has happened. I hoped for her brother to say some words, but he hasn't accepted it yet," Chiron starts to say. I roll my eyes. Maybe you should listen to a child of death.

Zagreus turns his head around as he sees us approach. "In my holy name, look at what we have here. Little sis, took your time coming back. I see why though, got yourself a lady, eh?" He says with his eyebrows going up and down.

"She sure does, Lord Zagreus!" Calypso says, making sure she holds me even closer. I feel like she is too clingy at times. I mean, barely a second goes by or she is attaching herself to me. Not that I am complaining but I feel like she has some kind of abandonment issue.

Zagreus whistles, looking impressed at the affection Calypso gives me. Please let me not look like a love-struck fool or red like blood. "I am not gonna ask how you got off that island, Calypso, but I am all for it! Make the right choices this time around, alright?"