Chapter 30: Sightseeing

A rhythmic sound fills our compartment as the train races across the tracks. It wasn't busy as only our group could claim a section to sit in and use. A little luxury that was much appreciated as we first had to go all the way back to a close by station by foot. To say it was unpleasant would almost be an understatement.

I lean against the back of the couch as I look out of the window. The couch is not soft or hard, somewhere in between. Mentally, I wished for something similar to what I experienced during our stay in the expensive hotel years ago. Or the comfy seating and beds in the Hades cabin. They are heavenly soft, but the time that I was in that hotel is a bit hazy, unfortunately. Time working its magic I guess. Admittingly, our compartment was one of the cheaper options, and it clearly shows. Windows were not the largest, dull green colored walls, and just enough space to not feel cramped.

On my lap, a blonde heap of hair shifts slightly, followed by a pained groan. Annabeth sighs as she stretches one of her arm and letting it plop down over my thighs. "My back..." she mumbles out irritated while half asleep. It brings a smile to my lips as I start massaging her shoulders and back. It must have been rather uncomfortable, and who wouldn't want to wake up with a massage?

"A bit lower..." she groans out. "As you wish..." I say with a chuckle.

My hands go from the shoulders to the back muscles in between the shoulder blades. The muscles feel tense and sore, but it soon loosens up as I start kneading. Annabeth fully turns on her belly to expose more of her back, her eyes tightly closed, and biting her lower lip.

"A bit harder..." she moans out softly. "Of course, love. I won't miss a spot! Just tell me when I press too hard, okay?" Annabeth nods vigorously. "Just keep going, Aileen."

Annabeth moaned and sometimes hissed as I went over a particularly sore or sensitive areas. I kept kneading until I tended to her entire back. Annabeth was completely numb at the end of it. She was sprawled over our seat, her head comfortable in my lap. Her face showed contentment and a relaxed expression.

"That felt great, Aileen. Thank you." Annabeth says as she pushes herself up with great effort. Her gaze goes around the compartment. Grover is snoring loudly as he leans against the window. Percy seems to be sleeping as well, but more lightly, with slightly pink cheeks. Before I gave the rather long massage, I was only awake a few minutes. "Where are we?" Annabeth asks.

"We're almost in Saint Louis. Almost halfway to Los Angelos. I think the train will also stop for a day in the city. We can walk around for a bit if you like," I explained. Annabeth nods softly before her face lit up with excitement.

"Saint Louis! The Gateway Arch monument is located in the city! Can we visit it, please?" Annabeth asks, hands clasped together in a pleading way. "Why not?" I say as Annabeth jumps up to hug me.

"Is it safe?" I hear Percy suddenly ask with his eyes still closed. "Safe?" I ask confused. "Weren't you... you know?" Percy says softly. Annabeth frowns, but soon enough her cheeks start to redden as her eyes widen.

"What the Hades, no! Why would you think we would do it here?! With you right in front of us?!" Annabeth half yells, disgusted at the thought. "Sorry for saying it. Didn't you hear yourself? What else should I be thinking!"

"She was giving me a massage, Seaweed Brain! Stupid boys and their hormones..." Annabeth mumbles, irritated but also embarrassed. She wasn't hiding her moans or signs of pleasure at all during the massage. I have a hard time holding in my laughter.

Grover in the meantime kept snoring peacefully...

"Love...?" I try to say in the hope to get a break. Annabeth has been constantly speaking about every aspect or detail regarding the Arch. At first, it was pretty interesting, but the more she talked, the more it became a rambling of things I hardly understand. Grover and Percy have tuned out long ago as they focus on the other things that are shown during the tour. I only kept listening because I love my girl.