Chapter 117: Battle Of Fate; prelude

Aileen "Pistis" Corvius

The dark clouds only become heavier and heavier the further we marched. Even the Gods felt the increasing weight of something heavy. An oppressive weight that comes from all around us. It only serves to unnerve the Demigods. The Gods and Titan are less bothered by it. Well, Hades' appearance only darkens as her eyes become filled with hatred. Kronos comes closer and his presence more pronounced. It angered Hades more and more as we close in on Kronos. And he is not alone.

The orange hue we saw in the distance has only become brighter and more intense. Even the cold of the deep of night could not withstand the coming of Hyperion. It is not only him though. One other dense concentration of power can be felt on the horizon. I do not recognize the energy, but they come from a powerful Titan. I wonder though, how has he managed to gather support from certain Gods, but not managed to get them on the battlefield? In any case, aside from the three Titans, there will be many dangerous monsters.

Hades held a hand in the air and the army came to a stop. "Make the army resistant to that ball of gas, Lady Hecate," Hades says to the living statue-like Titan.

Hecate nods as her hand waves through the air, silver shimmering trailing the hand. The glimmer travels through the ranks, and each dead or semi-dead member of the army was touched. One trail goes over the Demigods. Its touch seems to be cooling of some sort, or so the light feels to me at the very least.

"Zagreus, give your protection to the Demigods," Hades says while glancing at her son.

"Alright, Demigods. I am able to bestow my blessing to those that give their oath of loyalty to me in blood. It will protect you, enhance your blood flow, and give you a boost in energy. Your oaths will last through the battle afterward you will be bound no longer. Cut your hand and let the blood drip on the ground. Any that does so in my presence will be blessed by me," Zagreus explains to us as he walked in front of us, his hands clasped together behind his back.

"How do we break this oath and what would happen if we do?" Clarisse asked as she watched the God pace in front of the Demigods. Some looked quizzically, but others were a bit relieved about getting some protection.

"You break it by running away, fleeing in the face of our enemy, to turn against me. Break it and you will die. That is what it means to gain my blessing. Oaths made in blood are those of the highest importance. Breaking them comes with severe punishment."

Clarisse takes a deep breath before she took out a knife. It soon cut across the palm of her hand as blood starts to seep out, slowly dripping to the ground. A few murmurs of questioning were going around but one-for-one cuts were made. As I observed, I soon find Annabeth next to me. Her gaze is undeniably on me.

"Aileen, will you bless me?"

"Bless you? I can't bless you with anything-"

Annabeth only smiles as she shakes her head. One finger ticking my softly on the head. "Think, Aileen."

"Think... oh, of course," I say as I chuckle. My hand makes an arch above her head. Small stars flew over her head, dozens flew in different colors through the air. One by one they traveled from shoulder end to shoulder end. The only way I could grant anything to anyone.

"What's your wish, Annabeth?"

"Protect me from any harm, dear."

"As you wish."

I place one finger on her forehead. One bright light ignited at contact. As I remove the finger it left a bright spot in the middle of the forehead, slowly spreading across the skin. A silvery glowy sheet covers her. From time to time, it gives specks that become bright and then dull, like stars that are blinking.